New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
His achievements at Lille in the last 3 seasons are nothing short of remarkable and easily outweigh an FA Cup and relegation by Bobby Brown shoes.

Everton fans would enjoy his brand of football.

If you are holding out for a multiple title winning manager , gagging to come here and that the fans can relate to I fear you will have a long wait amigo.

Which is exactly why I said they almost cancel each other out - which you refuted.

I think we need someone who'd be absolutely ecstatic to join and in doing so, bring energy and commitment. Someone who the fans can relate to.

But then I also think we need someone with credentials - someone who has won titles to give us some belief and hope he has it in him.

The two almost cancel each other out, but we can't sacrifice point 1 for point 2.

Ancelotti was forever calling out our frauds for lacking commitment, but commitment has to come from the top and evidently, it was lacking.

Paras 1 and 2 are correct and not mutually exclusive.

The answer is Christophe Galtier.

Galtier isn't both, for me

1. I've no clue if fans will relate to him - I read he said he needs to improve his English.
2. One title win in France isn't the level of credentials I was referring to. See: Rudi Garcia

09DD67FD-E064-40C6-A683-5A7C24A8727B.jpeg
Joined you, had a bet on Favre too at 40/1

Question to you both and anyone else backing Ferguson - why isn't he a manager...why hasn't he made himself a manager elsewhere, and why has there been no stampede to use him as a manager by other clubs?
Maybe because he's made it clear he only wants to be here. Everything is guesswork,have other clubs approached him? Did Ancelotti tell him he was grooming him to take over? What's our transfer budget this Summer? What does Brands have responsibility for?...it's a forum we are all guessing about everything.

If we got Conte then you know were spending big money the next 2 summers.

If we got Gallardo or Amorim you know were bringing in winners and using some imagination which is exciting.

The other names in general are those which dont scream...success.

Sorry, i thought it was a general comparison of Martinez and Galtier at Wigan and Lille :)
I don't disagree.

There are concerns with Galtier as has been mentioned elsewhere, but that will apply regardless.

He has pots to his name in French football combined with a track record of rehabilitating clubs. Good tenure at both clubs, came in, made a significant difference, most obviously at Lille, and left.

We are looking for both of these things, he seems closest to these attributes.

Pity at 54 he hasnt managed outside of France but we can't criticise him for not winning where he hasn't been.

He never did say that though did he?

After Merseyside derby:

Benitez: "I was really disappointed because one team wanted to win the game and one team didn't want to lose it.

"Everton put eight or nine men behind the ball and defended deep but that's what small clubs do".

"When a team comes to Anfield and only want a point what else can you call them but a small club?"

He then reiterated what he meant.

"I didn't want to be disrespectful to the club, I was talking about the way they were playing, not the club".

He then reiterated again years later:

"I made a mistake when I said it was a small club, what I wanted to say was they are a small team because in this game I remember they had one chance".

So we got David Moyes with his knife to a gunfight mentality going to Anfield with 8 men behind the ball, despite both clubs being in the same position in the league. We disliked the times we choked in big games under Moyes because of the way he set up his team. Yet how dare the fat Spaniard speaking a second language say something out of context and we take it to heart.

Maybe there is some truth to that for those fans who still hold that grudge in terms of inferiority complex, because to others it's water off a ducks back. Or at least should be to fans of "big clubs".

I don't think that's it though.

If we have to take on a manager who is 15 years past his prime, plays boring football, had basically retired from top level football in China and used to manage one of our rivals it would be nice if we could get one who also didn't say bad things about is in the past too.

I mean there are 1000's of managers out there who have not said bad things regardless of how much it did or should annoy us. Maybe we should get one of them?

If there was a finite amount of managers out there then yeah but there are tons of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.