New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need someone who'd be absolutely ecstatic to join and in doing so, bring energy and commitment. Someone who the fans can relate to.

But then I also think we need someone with credentials - someone who has won titles to give us some belief and hope he has it in him.

The two almost cancel each other out, but we can't sacrifice point 1 for point 2.

Ancelotti was forever calling out our frauds for lacking commitment, but commitment has to come from the top and evidently, it was lacking.

Who is Brands choice?

If it’s Potter, then let him bring him in.

I agree with the poster above, Moshiri should have no say in this decision.

Actually I’ve now decided we should get Rafael,
That would then mean I can finally be done with this club, the continuous false hopes/dawns and getting some more free time and save some cash.
It was bad enough having Sammy Lee, but I just couldn’t be doing with another useless out of date gobshoite

Martinez talked some pap but he was actually spot on about instilling a style of play into the club - a philosophy if you want to call it that - that would remain in place even when he left.
All levels of the club playing in the same way.

It went sour for him but we should have stuck with that plan - what did we do? Go straight for the pragmatic Koeman and then long ball Allardyce. Absolute mess of long term thinking.

I think we need someone who'd be absolutely ecstatic to join and in doing so, bring energy and commitment. Someone who the fans can relate to.

But then I also think we need someone with credentials - someone who has won titles to give us some belief and hope he has it in him.

The two almost cancel each other out, but we can't sacrifice point 1 for point 2.

Ancelotti was forever calling out our frauds for lacking commitment, but commitment has to come from the top and evidently, it was lacking.
This Galtier chap appears to be the one then judging by that

So what other managers come in that don't have those said players. Wasn't Benitez responsible for bringing in Torres, Alonso and nurturing Gerrard.
Again, that was 15 years ago. To me it’s mental any blue would want a washed up old manager who flopped in China to manage us - especially one who is a legend to the RS

I'm far less bothered about the 2nd point. It would be nice, but more important than that to me would be evidence of being able to impose an identity on a club and improve them from the sort of position we find ourselves in. Winning titles as well would be nice, but it almost feels irrelevant to the current position we are in.

Benitez "I didn't want to be disrespectful to the club, I was talking about the way they were playing, not the club".

He then reiterated again years later:

"I made a mistake when I said it was a small club, what I wanted to say was they are a small team because in this game I remember they had one chance"
He also said he loves Liverpool fans. Can’t be having a manager who says that

Status
Not open for further replies.