New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He never did say that though did he?

After Merseyside derby:

Benitez: "I was really disappointed because one team wanted to win the game and one team didn't want to lose it.

"Everton put eight or nine men behind the ball and defended deep but that's what small clubs do".

"When a team comes to Anfield and only want a point what else can you call them but a small club?"

He then reiterated what he meant.

"I didn't want to be disrespectful to the club, I was talking about the way they were playing, not the club".

He then reiterated again years later:

"I made a mistake when I said it was a small club, what I wanted to say was they are a small team because in this game I remember they had one chance".

So we got David Moyes with his knife to a gunfight mentality going to Anfield with 8 men behind the ball, despite both clubs being in the same position in the league. We disliked the times we choked in big games under Moyes because of the way he set up his team. Yet how dare the fat Spaniard speaking a second language say something out of context and we take it to heart.

Maybe there is some truth to that for those fans who still hold that grudge in terms of inferiority complex, because to others it's water off a ducks back. Or at least should be to fans of "big clubs".
He knew full well at time that the headline would read 'Small Club'. He did nothing to dispel that. He just wants a soft touch at home., bollocks to him

I don’t remember the RS exactly being scintillating under Rafael, also that was nearly 15 years ago now.

You also have to remember at them he had Gerrard, Alonso and Torres who at the time were all world class players, with us he has Allan, Doucoure and DCL who don’t really compare
So what other managers come in that don't have those said players. Wasn't Benitez responsible for bringing in Torres, Alonso and nurturing Gerrard.

He knew full well at time that the headline would read 'Small Club'. He did nothing to dispel that. He just wants a soft touch at home., bollocks to him

Benitez "I didn't want to be disrespectful to the club, I was talking about the way they were playing, not the club".

"I made a mistake when I said it was a small club, what I wanted to say was they are a small team because in this game I remember they had one chance"

Mate you’re better then me I could stomach to see one game with him in charge.

what on earth are the club thinking if it was him? Utter ludicrous that ball bag hates us and the lot across the park used to carry a frame with him in.

no not at all this wouldn’t be acceptable, I’d back anyone to a point, but not him, if he came the moment he walked thru the door I’d probably knock it on the head till he was gone. Fan base is already split, he would come in if he lost two games it would be absolutely toxic.

Am clinging onto hope they aren’t that stupid, but you know, Everton.

It would just prove to me the people in charge at everton don't have a clue wtf their doing and Marcel brands might as well not be in the job because hes either incompetent or unable to do his job, whichever way it is if I was him id walk if they appoint Rafael while he still has some credibility left.

Brands should decide our style of play and formation bring in players to play it and a manager who can manage it. That way when the next manager goes hes easily replaced and will have players who suit his system because he'd suit our system and we'd have a team of player who suit that system.

As opposed to now where every manager we bring in plays completely differently and needs a completely new starting 11 each time.

Moshiri needs to leave his checkbook in brands office then koff away from the football decision side of things because its starting to feel like we're nothing but a play thing atm

Likewise if it is his decision then why is he here?
I wouldn't want Benitez under any circumstances, for all manner of reasons, probably the least of which is his Liverpool connection. If Brands chose him, then, yes, it would prove he's not the right DoF for us. My only caveat in that scenario would be at least it would show we're letting Brands do the job we're paying him for, so there'd be some semblance of coherence at last.

He never did say that though did he?

After Merseyside derby:

Benitez: "I was really disappointed because one team wanted to win the game and one team didn't want to lose it.

"Everton put eight or nine men behind the ball and defended deep but that's what small clubs do".

"When a team comes to Anfield and only want a point what else can you call them but a small club?"

He then reiterated what he meant.

"I didn't want to be disrespectful to the club, I was talking about the way they were playing, not the club".

"I made a mistake when I said it was a small club, what I wanted to say was they are a small team because in this game I remember they had one chance".

So we got David Moyes with his knife to a gunfight mentality going to Anfield with 8 men behind the ball, despite both clubs being in the same position in the league. We disliked the times we choked in big games under Moyes because of the way he set up his team. Yet how dare the fat Spaniard speaking a second language say something out of context and we take it to heart.

Maybe there is some truth to that for those fans who still hold that grudge in terms of inferiority complex, because to others it's water off a ducks back. Or at least should be to fans of "big clubs".

He called us a small club 5 times in that press conference. I remember.

I’m more bothered about his dour football though.

It would just prove to me the people in charge at everton don't have a clue wtf their doing and Marcel brands might as well not be in the job because hes either incompetent or unable to do his job, whichever way it is if I was him id walk if they appoint Rafael while he still has some credibility left.

Brands should decide our style of play and formation bring in players to play it and a manager who can manage it. That way when the next manager goes hes easily replaced and will have players who suit his system because he'd suit our system and we'd have a team of player who suit that system.

As opposed to now where every manager we bring in plays completely differently and needs a completely new starting 11 each time.

Moshiri needs to leave his checkbook in brands office then koff away from the football decision side of things because its starting to feel like we're nothing but a play thing atm
I seem to remember this was the plan for him to follow, so from the kids up every age through to the first team would be playing the same style, just like Barcelona.
Not sure what happened but I agree with you, we are a mess and it’s his responsibility

Status
Not open for further replies.