New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, I don't know enough about him. Will fans relate to him? Talking most fans here, not the Vítor Pereira hipsters on social media.

And I said titles.

When the going gets tough, winning one Ligue 1 will hold as much as Martinez winning an FA Cup.

If Marco Silva delivered what Ancelotti did, I want him sacked. A manager with credentials in the game pipes the likes of me down.

He has totally rebuilt the career of Renato Sanches as well as making a 60 year old Jose Fonte a rock at the back and a 35 year old Burak Yilmaz into a top goalscorer in his first season there. Also has brought through some younger lads like Maignan, Celik and David who look like they are ready for bigger things.

He has really good credentials without the winning of the league, it's just people don't realize it because nobody cares about France.

He has totally rebuilt the career of Renato Sanches as well as making a 60 year old Jose Fonte a rock at the back and a 35 year old Burak Yilmaz into a top goalscorer in his first season there. Also has brought through some younger lads like Maignan, Celik and David who look like they are ready for bigger things.

He has really good credentials without the winning of the league, it's just people don't realize it because nobody cares about France.

You didn't watch a single minute of Lille last season.

Which is exactly why I said they almost cancel each other out - which you refuted.

Galtier isn't both, for me

1. I've no clue if fans will relate to him - I read he said he needs to improve his English.
2. One title win in France isn't the level of credentials I was referring to. See: Rudi Garcia
I really don't understand your 1st comment.

You suggested that him winning the French title and Martinez winning the FA Cup is similar.

I think you are totally wrong.
Take in his body of work at Lille ( and St Ettiene ) and compare that with Martinez's cup win and taking Wigan down and most reasonable observers will say that the Frsnchmen has a far better record.

Will he want to come here? I have no idea but he is unlikely to get better opportunity to manage a decent club in the Prem which seems to be the promised land for most aspiring managers.

I don't disagree.

There are concerns with Galtier as has been mentioned elsewhere, but that will apply regardless.

He has pots to his name in French football combined with a track record of rehabilitating clubs. Good tenure at both clubs, came in, made a significant difference, most obviously at Lille, and left.

We are looking for both of these things, he seems closest to these attributes.

Pity at 54 he hasnt managed outside of France but we can't criticise him for not winning where he hasn't been.

Brands (or someone at the club) has said that our scouts are mostly in France...then Germany.

It would make sense to work with Galtier in identifying the next wave of French stats under 21 and signing a few of them.

Lets say we signed 4 then in a years time we would be in a far better place than now carrying older players and holes in the squad.

Brands (or someone at the club) has said that our scouts are mostly in France...then Germany.

It would make sense to work with Galtier in identifying the next wave of French stats under 21 and signing a few of them.

Lets say we signed 4 then in a years time we would be in a far better place than now carrying older players and holes in the squad.

With the added bonus of him actually being able to get a tune out of older players too.

My shortlist is:

1) Conte (if we can convince him about Everton Project)
2) Galtier
3) Julen Lapoutegui
4) Rafael
5) Martinez

Forget Nuno, Howe and Moyes

Which is exactly why I said they almost cancel each other out - which you refuted.

Galtier isn't both, for me

1. I've no clue if fans will relate to him - I read he said he needs to improve his English.
2. One title win in France isn't the level of credentials I was referring to. See: Rudi Garcia
Re-read your post.

Apologies.

I don't think that it is Impossible to get an enthusiastic manager , with a track record of success who wants to be here and to whom the fans could relate to.

I think that that could be Galtier. Can I guarantee that he wants to come here and would be instantly accepted by the fans? No

However he seems to me to be the only realistic candidate who ticks those boxes.

I really don't understand your 1st comment.

It's really easy.

I said;

I think we need someone who'd be absolutely ecstatic to join and in doing so, bring energy and commitment. Someone who the fans can relate to.

But then I also think we need someone with credentials - someone who has won titles to give us some belief and hope he has it in him.

The two almost cancel each other out, but we can't sacrifice point 1 for point 2.

You told me the two aren't mutually exclusive.

You told me Galtier is both.

In my view, he's not.

Galtier doesn't have the credentials in the game to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I hope that clarifies it for you.

I hadn't heard of him until he was linked with Everton.

Fans wont care one jot about him winning Ligue 1 when the going gets tough, it's not the level of credentials I was referring to. There's loads of one off league winners we could get from eredivisie, ligue 1 etc.

To give an example, If you are impressed with what Galtier has done at Lille - I have a friend who used to work for Lille who used to tell me about Rudi Garcia. He won the league title there too, I think the double. I won't blag I know an awful lot about him or Lille, but I do know when he done it it was the first time in a very long time. He's around the same age too - and worked for a few other top clubs since.

Status
Not open for further replies.