New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really its only Ancelotti we've appointed who matches that description.

Koeman done a very good job at Southampton who played good football.

Silva certainly wasnt a big name or played dour football.

Alladyce is hardly a hollywood name either.

Ultimately the fans dont know the reasons why we've gone with Rafael. We all know he's Carlo Lite - his system is very much similiar to Ancelotti so maybe its also a DOF decision?

Maybe Everton dont have FFP leeway to go spend £100+ million on revanping the squad in order to play the way your Potters, Ten Hags, Lampards etc. would have tried to play?

Regardless of the reasons the board wont be bowing to fan fetish of appointing a stylish 30 year old manager to play attacking football whilst the £500+ million stadium is getting built after seeing us in the bottom three under both Koeman and Silva trying to play expansive football with many of the same players.
Koeman, Ancelotti, Allardyce all big names in football regardless of how you try to spin it. Silva is the odd one out.

Carlo lite - he most definitely isn't.

It's also been heavily reported it's an owner decision, like our other appointments. And as I said, we've gone for a 'safe pair of hands' rather than any sort of ambition. Moshiri while he is willing to spend is low risk in all his dealings.

Again, why? The team is full of unlikable players who shirk responsibility and barely even try when there is anything on the line. They've done that for years. That's a fact, that's not an opinion.
Of course its an opinion, you don't like the players that's your opinion it's not a fact. I agree the team needs looking at but not liking the players well that's how you feel about it.

Koeman, Ancelotti, Allardyce all big names in football regardless of how you try to spin it. Silva is the odd one out.

Carlo lite - he most definitely isn't.

It's also been heavily reported it's an owner decision, like our other appointments. And as I said, we've gone for a 'safe pair of hands' rather than any sort of ambition. Moshiri while he is willing to spend is low risk in all his dealings.

By the same people who said Nuno was getting the job & Moyes was getting the job before Carlo was announced.

Forgive me for thinking they haven't a clue and are pushing a bitter RS agenda against our ownership.

How can one party get over a slight if ZERO contrition is shown by the other one?

If he wasn't our manager it wouldn't be an issue, but he is our manager now, so why can't he show some contrition and why should we be expected to just accept that?

I don't get why some people don't think there should be some give and take here, I really don't

The very least he can do is admit he made the comment in anger and apologise for it

I will give him a chance if he does and I'm sure others will too, and those that won't would never have been won over regardless of what he said or did

Its a genuinely sad day to be an Evertonian. I've never seen the club/fanbase so divided or bereft of hope in my life. I know some will just think that me and others over dramatic here but it really does feel like the club crossed some invisible line with this appointment. :(
You're absolutely right.....

....I think you're being over dramatic

It's hard to do that, I remember in the early 90s I didnt renew, but I was in my 20s travelleing round watching bands, missed a few seasons but it's hard to walk fully away, I even remember being in San Diego and ringing my dad to find out the score from a game.
Saying that the circumstances were different I know,this was HK 2 not Benitez
I know it ain't gonna be easy
My whole life has been Everton. I was wrapped in an Everton tapestry my grandparents had had made in 1968 the minute I was born. I went to my first game the week of my 3rd birthday, I went to my first away the following week. I've been going religiously ever since. I'm now 51.
Everything I am has Everton lurking in the background. My whole life is gonna change drastically. I know its gonna be a struggle but what else do I do?
I feel betrayed by the one thing, family aside, that I love the most in the world. I cant support them with that fat kopite shitehawk in the dug out.
Your manager is your figurehead. Your No1.
He ain't worth [Poor language removed] to me.

The second he goes I'll be back.
Not one second before

It's hard to do that, I remember in the early 90s I didnt renew, but I was in my 20s travelleing round watching bands, missed a few seasons but it's hard to walk fully away, I even remember being in San Diego and ringing my dad to find out the score from a game.
Saying that the circumstances were different I know,this was HK 2 not Benitez

Have to agree with this... I was ‘done’ when we appointed Allardyce but couldn’t resist checking on scores, highlights and reading reviews after games and wanting to know what was happening.

Everton is just one big massive life sucking tease that you just simply can’t let go off, no matter how hard you try. Once you’re in, you’re in for life no matter what.

Also pretty much most top level managers cryarse when they dont win.

Wenger was one of the worst for it, SAF did it as did Mourinho.

Bloody Klopp was having a pop at our ball boy and pelted an EFC journo after a 1-1 draw in the Anfield Derby under Alladyce.

I wonder how some blokes get through life if they cant let go of a comment a footie manager said about your team 15 years ago lol
He hit a nerve, and it was exactly the nerve he aimed for.

It's the worst type of football fan that's outraged by something as innocuous as this. They can give it all day long by the bucketload, but they have the delicate heart of a Victorian flower seller if even the slightest thing comes back in their direction.

Its a genuinely sad day to be an Evertonian. I've never seen the club/fanbase so divided or bereft of hope in my life. I know some will just think that me and others over dramatic here but it really does feel like the club crossed some invisible line with this appointment. :(
Shame I can only “like” this once, as it’s exactly the same way I feel.

…..I actually thought he was fudging the issue when he said he meant to call us a small team. Indeed, I think it was an insult to our intelligence.

I've heard people thinking it had something to do with height of the players but he meant it as we are a big club with a small club mentality, which is true and partly why loads of other clubs far smaller than us have won trophies.

Again, if we were a small club, he wouldn't be here

He doesn't and never has thought we were one

He made a snide comment due to frustration at not being able to beat us

He just needs to own it and apologise

The word I keep repeating is "courtesy" and that's ultimately what it would be

It would be a gesture of goodwill on his part and maybe, just maybe, we could then start to foster a positive relationship between manager and fan base, which he's going to need if his run here is going to have any chance of being a success

Hold your hands up, address the elephant and if anyone has a problem after that then they were never going to give you a chance to begin with. The one's that will take it at face value and will give you a chance are the ones that you'll need when you hit your first rough patch of results

He doesn't need to apologise, he has to offer a clean slate and spell out his desire to be here and make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.