New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it ain't gonna be easy
My whole life has been Everton. I was wrapped in an Everton tapestry my grandparents had had made in 1968 the minute I was born. I went to my first game the week of my 3rd birthday, I went to my first away the following week. I've been going religiously ever since. I'm now 51.
Everything I am has Everton lurking in the background. My whole life is gonna change drastically. I know its gonna be a struggle but what else do I do?
I feel betrayed by the one thing, family aside, that I love the most in the world. I cant support them with that fat kopite shitehawk in the dug out.
Your manager is your figurehead. Your No1.
He ain't worth [Poor language removed] to me.

The second he goes I'll be back.
Not one second before

Spot on Tommy, same here and same goes for my 12 year old lad as well who is old enough and wise enough to know its a shambolic decision and simply not acceptable.

What are you talking about? I replied to somebody else saying that I cared about the small club comment, and gave my reasons for it. I specifically said that I don't really care if anyone else agrees with that, I'm just giving my reasons. You've then come back - twice - claiming that I said Benitez wouldn't give his all in our job. I categorically did not say that and do not believe it. It appeared to me that you wanted to 'win' an argument because you were seemingly determined to make it sound like I was making a ridiculous point by claiming I was saying something I wasn't. If that wasn't the case, and you simply didn't read either of the posts that you responded to, then I apologise for the misunderstanding.

Christ. Bore off, mate.

Redeemed himself

IMG-20210630-WA0002.jpg

But he's our manager now

The dynamic has changed

Why are we the ones who have to bend to accommodate him and he has to do nothing?

It doesn't make any sense that so many people are just happy for him to come in and not even make zero effort to try and foster a good relationship with the fan base

It's in his own interest to do so

It's incredible arrogance on his part and a complete lack of self-esteem from those making the argument that he should just be able to waltz in and everyone should magically just like him

No. It's a two-way street

If he's willing to make the effort then fine, you get to make that argument, but until he proves that he is then his detractors have no reason to bend whatsoever
It seems to me you and many others are against Benitez for the character of the beast: he's not for compromising, he has zero interest in currying favour with anyone...but you demand he apologise and "build bridges".

That's having your cake and eating it.

You’re assuming he’s a man of integrity. Reckon he’s just got a huge ego and doesn’t give two flying ones myself.

Well then he's cooked himself before he's even started in the job then

I actually want him to succeed here because then we succeed also, but he hasn't got a chance unless he actually makes an effort to extend the olive branch to the fan base

Is this the first time in European Footy that a club is terrified to announce an incoming manager? even though he's officially signed and even arrived at the training ground?

I am not a legal expert but this also should have implications regarding stock exchange and whatnot.

It seems to me you and many others are against Benitez for the character of the beast: he's not for compromising, he has zero interest in currying favour with anyone...but you demand he apologise and "build bridges".

That's having your cake and eating it.

Well then he's going to fail isn't he?

Which is bad news for both us and him

Whereas if he DID make an effort then he could succeed, which would be good news for both of us

Status
Not open for further replies.