New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, so he only needed to get one point from 27 available, that's shocking.
Another way to look at it is if you extrapolate the points he gained over those 9 games over the course of a season, Newcastle would have finished 9th.
They didn't though, they got relegated, and when he had a whole season of n the PL with them he never got them above 10th. No need for any extrapolation.

Get the Conquistador in and let's see what he can do.

There's a load of people like King Canute trying to stop the tide from coming in here. It's happened, and I for one am more arsed now about who he keeps as coaches, players, and who he brings in.

If he's rubbish he'll get slung; if he isn't we'll benefit from it.

Onwards and hopefully upwards.

What if he gets a Rupert’s tower tattoo, would that work?

Probably but only if it was on his forehead. And it was sat on top of two circles and it was all black to make it a silhouette. Also if it had some almost road centre line markings leading out from the top of it to show the road that has to be travelled down to succeed will be symbolic I feel. :)

I know it ain't gonna be easy
My whole life has been Everton. I was wrapped in an Everton tapestry my grandparents had had made in 1968 the minute I was born. I went to my first game the week of my 3rd birthday, I went to my first away the following week. I've been going religiously ever since. I'm now 51.
Everything I am has Everton lurking in the background. My whole life is gonna change drastically. I know its gonna be a struggle but what else do I do?
I feel betrayed by the one thing, family aside, that I love the most in the world. I cant support them with that fat kopite shitehawk in the dug out.
Your manager is your figurehead. Your No1.
He ain't worth [Poor language removed] to me.

The second he goes I'll be back.
Not one second before
Great words Tommy,
I agree 100%,
Breaks my bloody heart ,but my 57 year old Everton journey is over till that clown leaves

irrelevant. he actually had a negative net spend when he took them up.
Irrelevant? How so? They managed to keep most of a premier league squad together in the championship by spending money on wages instead of transfer fees. In that context, net spend is the parameter that is irrelevant. No need to buy players when you already have the best squad in the division.

It seems to me you and many others are against Benitez for the character of the beast: he's not for compromising, he has zero interest in currying favour with anyone...but you demand he apologise and "build bridges".

That's having your cake and eating it.
Me personally, I'm not fussed about an apology. I've heard worse insults from my kids. Seems childish to hold such a grudge. I want from Benitez what I want from any manager. Hard work. Not pandering to crap players. Not spending 2 days of the working week playing golf. Not to own brown shoes. To get the team up for any game without rolling over and getting our tummies tickled. To ensure players that aren't good enough, never grace the Goodison pitch again.

Maybe he will surprise us all. He's certainly given us something to tank about!

Here's hoping. :coffee:

Our role is to support, but if its something you don't want, how will the board know if you just go and mindlessly clap along to everything they do. Maybe, by booing, not attending etc, you are supporting the club as well, because you are telling them they have made a bad decision.
If the club don't know by now that this is unpopular, then they walk around with their eyes shut. If, once appointed, one were to spend excessive time booing or being an utter arse at the game, then that's not supporting anyone.

Ultimately, the only choice we have as fans is to either give up (I did under Allardyce - for a while) or to accept it and get on with the decisions made by the owners. If we are right (very probable) he'll be out in no time anyway. If we are wrong, then Everton are winning stuff, so we win anyway.

Pragmatism, not a deluded happy clapper as suggested. For example I clapped and cheered Duncan Ferguson, when in my opinion he was nothing more than a thug and vastly overrated in the pantheon of excellence that have been Everton heroes. But he played for my team and I wanted him to do well.

Nothing wrong in applying that criteria to our next manager.

Thing is, Everton are here for ever, the players, managers, owners, board are temporary - even if in some cases more long-term than we would desire. We'll all be cheering the club on long after they have gone. At least that what my Dad convinced me when Allardyce was here, and he was fundamentally right.

irrelevant. he actually had a negative net spend when he took them up.

So what? They sold Sissoko and Wijnaldum for a combined £55m, that’s why they had a negative net spend. They still had a squad full of Premier League players in the Championship. You are making yourself sound more and more like a Big Red with the net spend chat, they’re the only ones that are arsed about that.

Well then he's going to fail isn't he?

Which is bad news for both us and him

Whereas if he DID make an effort then he could succeed, which would be good news for both of us
I'm personally not arsed about an apology for him, as @Tubey said earlier, his comments about small club were exactly right. We set up under Moyes not to lose as we did against every side above us.

If he apologizes, he won't mean it, it will be insincere and it will just serve to head pat. The best way he can endear himself to the crowd is through being successful and progressing the club from it's current standing.

I would be very surprised and disappointed if he didn't make an effort with fans.

It's in his interest to do so. It doesn't mean that he must, but from every angle it's the right thing to do.

I get he seems to have an ego and a cold persona, and that can actually work in some instances. I don't believe managers should be matey with players. But with fans, you get them onside, or at least try to. In a broad sense that is.

If he makes the effort, it's worth acknowledging. Similarly if he does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.