New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then he's going to fail isn't he?

Which is bad news for both us and him

Whereas if he DID make an effort then he could succeed, which would be good news for both of us
If he made that effort he wouldn't be Benitez.

He IS Benitez and so we cant demand he reforms his whole personality. That's why you dislike him, so it's not plausible to expect he changes his spots at this stage.

He's abrasive and moody and not a great feller. But we know that.

Get the Conquistador in and let's see what he can do.

There's a load of people like King Canute trying to stop the tide from coming in here. It's happened, and I for one am more arsed now about who he keeps as coaches, players, and who he brings in.

If he's rubbish he'll get slung; if he isn't we'll benefit from it.

Onwards and hopefully upwards.
Yeah, I'm sure if Dunc had been appointed you would be over it within the day and ne'er a further word would've been spoken, St Dave.

Probably but only if it was on his forehead. And it was sat on top of two circles and it was all black to make it a silhouette. Also if it had some almost road centre line markings leading out from the top of it to show the road that has to be travelled down to succeed will be symbolic I feel. :)
They’ve either let a fox into the hen house or he’s someone’s pet pigeon..also in the hen house.... Everton is the hen house for clarity

I know it ain't gonna be easy
My whole life has been Everton. I was wrapped in an Everton tapestry my grandparents had had made in 1968 the minute I was born. I went to my first game the week of my 3rd birthday, I went to my first away the following week. I've been going religiously ever since. I'm now 51.
Everything I am has Everton lurking in the background. My whole life is gonna change drastically. I know its gonna be a struggle but what else do I do?
I feel betrayed by the one thing, family aside, that I love the most in the world. I cant support them with that fat kopite shitehawk in the dug out.
Your manager is your figurehead. Your No1.
He ain't worth [Poor language removed] to me.

The second he goes I'll be back.
Not one second before
Quite honestly mate, if this is how seriously you take Everton, then I think a break will do you the power of good. Take Benitez as a gift. A chance to find some perspective. A chance to find something more worthwhile to find meaning and identity in. Everton aren't worth your (or anyone's) devotion at that level to be honest.

They didn't though, they got relegated, and when he had a whole season of n the PL with them he never got them above 10th. No need for any extrapolation.
to get a relegated team to midtable without spending any money is hugely impressive. Look how much villa spent to do the same thing

I'm spending no energy trying to convince you your life would be better if you didn't get hung up on meaningless words.
If you cheer men kicking a ball, and join online forums to discuss the men kicking that ball, then you're probably not in the best position to be saying that to be honest. The whole thing is daft if you look at it that way, but that's what being a football fan is.

Get the Conquistador in and let's see what he can do.

There's a load of people like King Canute trying to stop the tide from coming in here. It's happened, and I for one am more arsed now about who he keeps as coaches, players, and who he brings in.

If he's rubbish he'll get slung; if he isn't we'll benefit from it.

Onwards and hopefully upwards.
Sums up my opinion this. My only hope is that he speaks to some of the old guard, decides they aren't up to it and bins them.

It won't be IF he's willing to actually mend fences

The football won't be great but he'll have us in our usual "best of the rest" place if he's given the time to get us there

He won't of course because he's not going to try and mend fences so he won't get that time, but hey-ho that's OUR fault apparently
I don't need an apology tour. he could mend fences by gettting our midfielders to string a few passes together

It seems to me you and many others are against Benitez for the character of the beast: he's not for compromising, he has zero interest in currying favour with anyone...but you demand he apologise and "build bridges".

That's having your cake and eating it.

The problem is Dave, all the time we keep Kenwright, DBB on the board, Unsworth in his position etc we keep the Everton family feel.

I personally don't have a problem with them going F You- we are going to appoint the guy to win trophies- to the fans, but it's never done in any sort of meaningful and consistent way.

In that context I can understand why fans sort of give up on trying to win things but at least want to remain true to Evertonism whatever that is.

Unless Kenwright et al follow out of the door, it's a pointless decision and destined to fail.

And if it doesn't happen, Benitez either has to make peace with "the establishment" or he will fail as well. It's not hard to work out what he will do.

The route cause though, is Moshiri.

Yeah, I'm sure if Dunc had been appointed you would be over it within the day and ne'er a further word would've been spoken, St Dave.
I already admitted to that. If it was DF I'd be floored by that. However, as I also said, I'd expect others to tell me that the manager isn't the club and to get behind the team. Which I would have...just as I did with Koeman until he proved how right I was about him.

Irrelevant? How so? They managed to keep most of a premier league squad together in the championship by spending money on wages instead of transfer fees. In that context, net spend is the parameter that is irrelevant. No need to buy players when you already have the best squad in the division.
just cos players are on big wages, we know to our cost how irrelevant that is to form

I would be very surprised and disappointed if he didn't make an effort with fans.

It's in his interest to do so. It doesn't mean that he must, but from every angle it's the right thing to do.

I get he seems to have an ego and a cold persona, and that can actually work in some instances. I don't believe managers should be matey with players. But with fans, you get them onside, or at least try to. In a broad sense that is.

If he makes the effort, it's worth acknowledging. Similarly if he does not.
Id be very surprised if he doesn't go on some kind of charm offensive. Probably with the help of the club hierarchy

So what? They sold Sissoko and Wijnaldum for a combined £55m, that’s why they had a negative net spend. They still had a squad full of Premier League players in the Championship. You are making yourself sound more and more like a Big Red with the net spend chat, they’re the only ones that are arsed about that.
everyone's arsed about that. It's the whole point, it means he wasn't given any money.

Status
Not open for further replies.