New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it's a simple matter of respect and a clear extension of an olive branch

Benitez apologising for the comment would be a moment of contrition that showed he was committed to trying and establish a decent relationship with the fan base

I'll say this right now, if he did apologise I would consider the matter closed and I'd tell anyone else who was still bothered by it to let it go

It's nothing more than a show of good faith and an act of courtesy on his part

He should be capable of that
After, what, 17 years. Yeah, that would DEFINITELY be him being "contrite".

Or, you know, him pandering to a fanbase that despises him.

top 4 minumum expectations?
Surely hes gunna 100mill to spend?
Also i cant see him tolerating the crap at the club and will offload a few

Did you support (David) Johnson, Sheedy, Harper, Beardsley and Ablett (RIP)?
Johnson, no.
The others, yes.
Would I have supported the likes of Souness, McDermott, Case, Aldridge….? Gerrard? Absolutely not. The reason is simple and clear. Slight involvement, or cracking player, and not full on RS persona, I will give a chance and get behind. Beardsley and co earned it and deserved it, as did Morrisey in the 60s.
Benitez is, in my opinion, far closer to the Aldridge end of the scale than Kevin Sheedy!!!

Imagine the scenes.....Rafael does great for 2 seasons. A trophy and maybe qualify for the CL. Then Klopp leaves the RS and Rafael defects. I can honestly see this scenario (theoretical b/c we ain't getting a trophy or the CL)

You realize that last sentence makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

Like it shouldn't bother me but it was so stupid to read it did.

The rest of the post is just another plausible notch in the bad stretch with managers. But the whole I can honestly see it happening but only theoretical [Poor language removed]... how do you vomit that out? I wish I could unread it.

Sorry for being so harsh but that sentence is just god awful.

Johnson, no.
The others, yes.
Would I have supported the likes of Souness, McDermott, Case, Aldridge….? Gerrard? Absolutely not. The reason is simple and clear. Slight involvement, or cracking player, and not full on RS persona, I will give a chance and get behind. Beardsley and co earned it and deserved it, as did Morrisey in the 60s.
Benitez is, in my opinion, far closer to the Aldridge end of the scale than Kevin Sheedy!!!
Aldridge is deffo the worst one of them all.

He already has. His reasoning for the comment was fine.

That said, despite being pretty fine with this, it still amazes me it's actually happening.

His comment wasn't fine in my opinion

It was a mealy-mouthed attempt at trying to spin it

He should just be honest

He was angry they couldn't lay a glove on us and made a snide comment

Apologise as a matter of courtesy, and if anyone still has an issue after that then that's on them

If we truly were a small club then he wouldn't have taken the job to begin with

It's literally just a matter of courtesy to apologise for the remark so that he can extend the olive branch and try to create a positive relationship with the fan base

Again, it's something he should be entirely capable of

I'll certainly consider the matter closed if he does

Status
Not open for further replies.