New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting this year now to be that toxic, on here and Twitter that I'm contemplating just switching off from football for a bit,

Did I want Rafael? Not really but he's going to be the manager, get on with it and just support the club

People holding on to stuff 15 years ago
People are supporting the club, but no fan is under any obligation to support this manager.

Unnecessary and also rather arrogant - to assume that anyone who doesn't share your view is disingenuous or stupid.

I see the carnage for sure, and I'm certainly not in favour of the appointment personally, but like it or not, it's actually happening, and unlike you I really don't see that he is going to take on a job like this and turn up in a RS scarf every day, which is what you're projecting. I believe he will fight all he can for our cause while he is our manager, whether or not he's the ideal candidate, whether or not he said what he's said in the past. That's my point, but you appear to be too blinkered or 'angry' to see it.
You're arguing a point that's not being made. I'm not saying anyone who doesn't share my viewpoint is stupid, i'm saying it's really clear that Benitez doesn't just see Liverpool as a former employer. Trying to argue against that is silly, it's clear every time he talks about them. There's absolutely nothing wrong with him feeling that way either, it's the way many ex-players and managers are with us too, it's totally normal. But it makes it difficult for people to get behind him as our manager, clearly. That's all that's being said, any talk of him not doing his best or whatever is just a straw man you're making up, I haven't even hinted at that nevermind said it.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think people are getting how bad it can and most likely will get next year. We have like 3 likable players on the team and even that's a bit of a stretch. We have the most unpopular appointment anyone could have made. If we're not behind the players and DEFINITELY not behind the manager from the off things are going to be really really bad if they don't start as well as last year.

This is going to be a shitshow. The only entertainment I'm going to get until he's sacked is Moshiri getting called out if he's brave enough to step foot in the stadium. And he is going to deserve every boo he hears.
That's a point of view though mate. There's absolutely nothing to suggest what you say happens, actually happens and in fact the exact opposite could happen.

Just a negative view based on how you feel about Benitez being appointed. Could try and get behind the team and hope the manager helps us progress, that has all the chance of working to.

Anyone heard Jamie Carragher on TalkSport just now?

Jim White asked him what he thought of `Rafael to Everton`. He just starting laughing quite a bit and then said "I`ll just sit back with some popcorn and watch it unfold".

No more needs to be said.....
Think he was more referring to fan reaction as opposed to Benitez's actual performance. Carragher rates him.

For anyone working in elite sport his condition is a disgrace , even more so when he his is working , sorry in charge of , the Academy.

How on earth can he advise re fitness and nutrition and be taken seriously.

The same goes for Benitez.
I would assume the fitness and nutrition people would do that.

Why listen to Mauricio Sarri? He never played the game and smokes like a chimney.

I honestly don't think people are getting how bad it can and most likely will get next year. We have like 3 likable players on the team and even that's a bit of a stretch. We have the most unpopular appointment anyone could have made. If we're not behind the players and DEFINITELY not behind the manager from the off things are going to be really really bad if they don't start as well as last year.

This is going to be a shitshow. The only entertainment I'm going to get until he's sacked is Moshiri getting called out if he's brave enough to step foot in the stadium. And he is going to deserve every boo he hears.

Can at least try and hope for some positivity can we not? Not everything is set in stone. If he comes in and makes numerous signings with pace and players who like to run with the ball and has a system in place unlike Carlos go out and play approach then thats already an improvement on last season isnt it?

Just don’t understand why the “think of the worst that can happen” mentality helps.

I’d be making this statement regardless of who the manager is.

That's a point of view though mate. There's absolutely nothing to suggest what you say happens, actually happens and in fact the exact opposite could happen.

Just a negative view based on how you feel about Benitez being appointed. Could try and get behind the team and hope the manager helps us progress, that has all the chance of working to.
Again, why? The team is full of unlikable players who shirk responsibility and barely even try when there is anything on the line. They've done that for years. That's a fact, that's not an opinion.

Screenshot 2021-06-30 at 11.49.07.png

'I've got plenty more bed sheets, pal'

Status
Not open for further replies.