Naismith v Chelski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the hatred for him around here is extreme. Did anyone really expect him to be a superstar when we got him on a free transfer? I like him as an attacking option off the bench, filling in for injuries, etc...

Think the hatred for him around here is extreme. Did anyone really expect him to be a superstar when we got him on a free transfer? I like him as an attacking option off the bench, filling in for injuries, etc...

I don't think there's any real hatred for him. We just don't think he's up to it. That's all. Not his fault, he came here in good faith and clearly is putting the effort in when he's on the pitch.

At the time, I was excited when he signed. It just hasn't worked out. No reason to hate the guy. We should try and offload him in the summer though

I don't think there's any real hatred for him. We just don't think he's up to it. That's all. Not his fault, he came here in good faith and clearly is putting the effort in when he's on the pitch.

At the time, I was excited when he signed. It just hasn't worked out. No reason to hate the guy. We should try and offload him in the summer though

Spot on. We always appreciate players who work hard and Naismith is undoubtedly in that category but ultimately his ability does not match where we need to be as a club. I'm sure he's a nice fella, but he's just not good enough at this level.

You know this saying "not premiership quality" ? It is such a fallacy. The PL is full of work horses look at Sunderland and Stokes starting XI... It's a load of blocks that because you play in the prem you must be technically class. Clint Hill has got away with it for two seasons. There are far worse than Naismith.

You know this saying "not premiership quality" ? It is such a fallacy. The PL is full of work horses look at Sunderland and Stokes starting XI... It's a load of blocks that because you play in the prem you must be technically class. Clint Hill has got away with it for two seasons. There are far worse than Naismith.

We shouldn't really be comparing our players to Sunderland, Stoke and Clint Hill.

We are talking about the top 7 of the premier league though. Unfortunately, this is a different story and the Stokes and Sunderlands of this world would love to be in Everton's position in the table just as we would love to be in Arsenal/Chelsea's. The only way to move forward for all of these clubs is to bring in genuine quality and match winners- not a team full of workhorses.

All players will get a chance under the new manager, the only players who will be in the first team for the new manager is Baines, jags, Fellaini, Gibson, mirallas and coleman.

Naismith is probably a rally nice person, he looks like a really nice person, I'd probably have a pint or two with him, stories and a bit of banter. The problem is that he can't pass, he can't tackle, fair enough once every four months he's in the right place and there's a goal but he'd struggle to get starting a division lower imho

Status
Not open for further replies.