Naismith v Chelski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jags

Player Valuation: £10m
Okay, as i did not watch the match live, and the best highlights I can get hold of are the ones on the dailymail (yes, I know...), I am often mis-lead on who played well etc. For this last game of the season, Naismith started, and not only that, he seemed to take his goal with actual class, and did not seem that gash otherwise. Is this because he was playing behind the striker, sort of CF? I mean, he looked like a footballer! :blink:

Apart from his goal, any time the ball came to him, he fell over.

He's very good at finishing from inside 18 yards but not so great at running, passing, tackling, heading or generally remaining upright.

Oh, knew I couldnt trust the Daily Fail... impact sub as a striker maybe? Because compared to the other two, he has a little pace, and seems to be a natural poacher at least. Damn it, I just want him to be class FFS! Oh and he has that work-rate lol

From what I saw, thought he looked Ok, found space to receive the ball in good positions, but his first touch, and often his passing left a bit to be desired.

He got himself in good positions and found space quite well. He's a good finisher too TBF. His touch and his passing leave a lot to be desired though. It's clear as day that's his position. Hopefully we'll never see him on the wing again.

I wouldn't be gutted if he started in that position when we had injuries etc,

Well taken goal, spooned a great opportunity when set up by Coleman, fell over a lot.

This is not a wind up, I was talking to Davie Weir 2/3 months back and he said Naismith was going
To be a good player for Everton,just saying like.

He was pretty bad, fell over constantly and his touch was shocking. I do think he would score a few goals playing in a forward role, but his overall contribution is fairly poor.

steken1;1973396[B said:
]He got himself in good positions and found space quite well.[/B] He's a good finisher too TBF. His touch and his passing leave a lot to be desired though. It's clear as day that's his position. Hopefully we'll never see him on the wing again.

I wouldn't be gutted if he started in that position when we had injuries etc,
I've always thought he did that well. Seems to have a good football brain just hasn't got the feet to go with it.

Maybe we should make him the new manager.

It hasn't helped that most Evertonians have barely give him a chance to settle and sometimes boo him when he comes on.

I've always thought he did that well. Seems to have a good football brain just hasn't got the feet to go with it.

Maybe we should make him the new manager.

He's got all the credentials. ****e player, Jock, see through, miserable looking.

I don't think he's a bad player myself. Obviously limited and playing on the wing has made him look worse than he is. A few games in the right position and he'd be better than what we saw Sunday IMO.

He does a lot of the things I'd look for in that position, just not well enough to play for us.

BUT, he encourages good football i.e. we cannot lump it up to him, and he has a poacher's touch. I have a feeling he will pop up in big games too, just how Dirk Kuyt was always a bit gash, but managed to score against big teams, somehow? it just baffles me, when people say we should sell for £2mil, when that might buy us another van der meyde....

tumblr_m80u0qICUZ1rr71reo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.