Moyes as interim manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just get real for a moment, Moyes till the end of the season isn't a bad idea.

Who would you rather have? Moyes or Silva?

I'm not a fan of Moyes after previous actions, but right now where we are, and between the two, I'd take him every time. Silva is walking us into potential relegation.

People banging on about his record vs top 4/6, it was a lot better when he was in charge, than it has been for years, not to mention he did that on a shoestring.

In short, people will bang on because he's not got a fancy European name, we've tried fancy names. Just get a hard working bloke back in that outlines his intentions/expectations, and won't take anything less than an agreed standard.

Moyes until the end of the season, and get Brands looking for the next right appointment at the end of the summer.

Re Gbamin his injury is bad luck, but alarm bells were ringing when his old coach or agent (not sure which) said he should deployed as a centre back. We then spent £25m on him to replace Gana in midfield. I hope for both Everton's and Brands sake that he comes back to show us what he is capable of.

I also dont blame him for not getting Zouma, but waiting until the last minute to chase Rojo or Tomori was a major mistake. Once Arsenal got Luiz it was too late to manouvre from Tomori/Zouma to another decent player. He should of set a deadline of say 14 days before the window shut to explore other options, instead he left that chase and was focused on Zaha for £50-70m, something we didnt need to sort until maybe 2020. We should of been focusing on a left footed right winger if we were so desperate for another winger.

Midfield and Centre half should of took priority over any other signing IMO.

Depends on who's view of a player I trust more... an agent or a director of football.

I'm not sure it's a case of people "wanting" Moyes back to be fair.

The way I see it is that anyone could do at least as good as the bloke we have now. My fear is we do the normal Everton thing and panic buy, probably with Eddie Howe who in my mind is as proven as Silva, it won't work, we'll be in this position again next year.

So why not wait, save the cash and wait for the moment a true winner becomes available. The next months fixtures are a shocker and as said above if we slip deeply in to the relegation fight, which is very possible then if we've paid the cash for Howe then confidence will be at a low after his poor start and it'll never recover.

I'd go Unsworth/Moyes on a month by month contract, main goal must be to rid goodison of this clown and regroup.

There are 3-4 teams worse than us there so we all know we will not go down anyway.

He bid for a couple of Everton players - the horror!

ignore him, he didn't just bid for a couple of players he come in with a pathetic offer for baines and fellaini ( 2 of our best players ) that never in a million years was gonna get accepted, when we declined the offer he went and told everyone how they need to move on to better there careers and won't progress staying at everton

now whilst he might be right, doing this weeks after you have just left the club is a snide thing to do

people weren't arsed he left for united, he got a great reception on his final game, it was his actions after it

Contracts are essentially meaningless for managers. Allardyce turned down our first offer of £6m till the end of the season to keep us up. So we offered him a 2 season contract for £12m, sacked him at the end of the first season and carried on paying him for the second season. We would probably do the same to Moyes

He built a villa in Marbella with his payoff from Newcastle and called it St. James' Park... I wonder what he did with our big pile of cash.

ignore him, he didn't just bid for a couple of players he come in with a pathetic offer for baines and fellaini ( 2 of our best players ) that never in a million years was gonna get accepted, when we declined the offer he went and told everyone how they need to move on to better there careers and won't progress staying at everton

now whilst he might be right, doing this weeks after you have just left the club is a snide thing to do

people weren't arsed he left for united, he got a great reception on his final game, it was his actions after it
Oh yeah that's out of order. I do think he'd steady the ship as interim but there are loads of other managers that could do the same

What's the Moyes hate all about with Everton fans? Is it just the fact he left for United?
First up, I don't think many people deny that over the years he did a consistent job with what he had to work with (although his schtick was painful towards the end of his reign). His 'transfer skills' are over-rated, though, and pretty much irrelevant to the present-day situation.

However, he wasn't shy about letting people know about how he was doing either. He had the knife to a gunfight routine down pat. He acted as cover for Kenwright over any fan protests. He negotiated with Ferguson behind the club's back (although I wouldn't be at all surprised if BK knew all about it) and deliberately ran his contract out. He then attempted to buy Baines and Fellaini on the cheap and knocked down criticism by saying he never would have stood in their way and that he 'knew how Everton worked'. He criticised Everton fans when they reacted to this.

I also have the suspicion that he is not a particularly nice person (based on nothing other than his latter press conferences, his TV appearances, threatening to slap a female BBC reporter and his agent brother negotiating the move to ManU).

Status
Not open for further replies.