Moyes as interim manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares, it's West Ham.

Probably doing better than David Moyes. Or at least he's more charismatic, even though I'd say it's easy to be more charismatic than the human equivalent of stale bread.

Personally , I would far prefer points than charisma mate , especially at this moment.

Why people think Moyes will be the solution is beyond me. We are terrible at attacking- Moyes was hardly great at that was he? We are too slow in transition - only way Moyes will sort that is by punting it forward, and who is going to link up the play/hold up the ball with our players? Tosun? DCL? Yeah right!

We hate seasoned pros like Walcott, Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson always getting the nod because managers inexplicably deem them reliable, when the only thing that is reliable about them is that they will always offer little. Well, Moyes made a career of that. If you think he's going to leave them out for people like Iwobi, then you are having a laugh. Not to mention the fact that good 'ol captain Coleman will be back in, never to be dropped. Michael Keane, now he's a Moyes type player - he'll be in all the time. Whereas younger players like Tom Davies will be hauled out of the team at the first sign of a mistake, whilst the players listed above will keep getting picked.

Never changing formation, useless late subs, defensive style of play, bottling it a lot. An ineffective press etc.The list goes on and on. Moyes would be a terrible appointment for what we have at our disposal.

I really thought we'd finally reached the stage where the Premier League clubs had stopped turning to the Brexit dinosaurs like Pulis, Hughes, Hughton, Pardew, Allardyce and Moyes and were starting to think differently, but hey, trust us to keep it going. I am utterly sickened by the thought of Moyes getting anywhere near the club, and worse still, he continues to be his own PR machine just like the aforementioned blerts and actually has some Evertonians begging for his return.

Give me a break.

Why people think Moyes will be the solution is beyond me. We are terrible at attacking- Moyes was hardly great at that was he? We are too slow in transition - only way Moyes will sort that is by punting it forward, and who is going to link up the play/hold up the ball with our players? Tosun? DCL? Yeah right!

We hate seasoned pros like Walcott, Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson always getting the nod because managers inexplicably deem them reliable, when the only thing that is reliable about them is that they will always offer little. Well, Moyes made a career of that. If you think he's going to leave them out for people like Iwobi, then you are having a laugh. Not to mention the fact that good 'ol captain Coleman will be back in, never to be dropped. Michael Keane, now he's a Moyes type player - he'll be in all the time. Whereas younger players like Tom Davies will be hauled out of the team at the first sign of a mistake, whilst the players listed above will keep getting picked.

Never changing formation, useless late subs, defensive style of play, bottling it a lot. An ineffective press etc.The list goes on and on. Moyes would be a terrible appointment for what we have at our disposal.

I really thought we'd finally reached the stage where the Premier League clubs had stopped turning to the Brexit dinosaurs like Pulis, Hughes, Hughton, Pardew, Allardyce and Moyes and were starting to think differently, but hey, trust us to keep it going. I am utterly sickened by the thought of Moyes getting anywhere near the club, and worse still, he continues to be his own PR machine just like the aforementioned blerts and actually has some Evertonians begging for his return.

Give me a break.
I think I need a break after reading this page.

a temporary manager might be the right man for a job to manage a bunch of players or temporarily pretend to care

Give me a break.

You are not comparing like with like mate.
What Moyes produced was massively restricted by budget and talent available.
I am not suggesting that he will take over the world , but we will be massively better than we currently are.
Having said that , he will also need to demonstrate new approaches to new , younger players.

Moyes back, tbh at this point I’d take Mike Walker back haha. Seriously Moyes when here always had the defence side of things sorted, we have enough decent defenders and a good keeper for him to do that, it just sorting out from there forward, there are options within the squad, Silvas failure has been to stick with the slow players, sigs and Snides most notably. There is pace in the squad if that is utilised I’m pretty sure things will improve quickly, modern football is all about pace, look at the top teams compared to the lower teams. Bernard (when fit) Kean, Walcott, Iwobi,Richarlison all really need to be used to their strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.