Moyes as interim manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah that's out of order. I do think he'd steady the ship as interim but there are loads of other managers that could do the same

I think he would do a better job than marco silva but do we really want to go down that route?

also bill kenwright is in love with moyes, so if moyes comes and does a half decent job kenwright will be begging the other board memebers to give him a new long contract

don't think he deserves it after all whats happened and how his career has gone since leaving

I'd rather go out and get a young proactive manager ( who that is I have no idea )

I think he would do a better job than marco silva but do we really want to go down that route?

also bill kenwright is in love with moyes, so if moyes comes and does a half decent job kenwright will be begging the other board memebers to give him a new long contract

don't think he deserves it after all whats happened and how his career has gone since leaving

I'd rather go out and get a young proactive manager ( who that is I have no idea )
Yeah that's true. You've seen how that worked out with Solskjaer at United. New manager bounce gets them the gig and then the shortcomings of the manager appear

Oh yeah that's out of order. I do think he'd steady the ship as interim but there are loads of other managers that could do the same

Also he's failed everywhere else playing terrible football and has been out of work for 18 months.

We would be doing him a favour and we're not really in a position to be rehabilitating terrible football managers.

Agree with your point about Moyes but I think that's a bit of revisionism re: Fellaini. He was moved up front out of necessity because we spent about half a season without a recognised striker due to injury. His best performance for us (2-0 vs. City at Goodison) was as a DM. He played like Keane, Vieira and Zidane rolled into one that day.
That's one game. He had very few food games as a DM. He was too slow for the role in the Premier League. Moyes' endless scouting should have detected that.

Carragher on MNF saying he can't believe Everton fans not wanting Moyes back after what he did at Everton. I can't believe he can't believe it!!
Moyes did some good work with the resources he had over a number of years. But, the way he left, and the way he conducted himself at the very end of his tenure here, and immediately afterwards tainted it for me. And......crucially, how successful was he when he left? His record was poor if he's honest. He did ok at West Ham. Thats it.

Carragher on MNF saying he can't believe Everton fans not wanting Moyes back after what he did at Everton. I can't believe he can't believe it!!
Moyes did some good work with the resources he had over a number of years. But, the way he left, and the way he conducted himself at the very end of his tenure here, and immediately afterwards tainted it for me. And......crucially, how successful was he when he left? His record was poor if he's honest. He did ok at West Ham. Thats it.
I can't believe it's not butter

What's the Moyes hate all about with Everton fans? Is it just the fact he left for United?
He also didn't achieve anything, had a fairly negative style of play, created a bottler's culture that still goes on, continually played awful players because the were yes men (Neville, Hibbert etc.), is a one man self-publicity machine, played the same system for years, didn't sign players with pace, created the plucky little Everton tag that still haunts us now, changed media perceptions of us so everyone talks about how amazingly successful he was at Everton (I remember in the 90s and under Walter Smith when we were awful but people still used to talk about how Everton should be competing at the top), only played youngsters when he was forced to, was one of the best payed managers in the world when we had no money, even though all the others in the list were serial winners, was dour in his attitudes and demeanor, generally terrible when given decent money to spend (although very good when he had little money to spend), his teams were terrible at organised pressing - they just ran about and tried hard, focussed too much on crosses into the box, played the low block all the time (which meant we continually used to retreat towards our goal and would often concede late shots from distance), and would rather shut up shop after a lead than going for the jugular, and kept Blue Bill in post for years.

He was a decent appointment, 17 YEARS AGO! But massively limited as a manager. The game has moved on and he has no place in it at a club like ours. If you have his experience and have never won a thing, nor altered your outlook, you are a has-been.

Moyes got a lot of slack from the fans for his failings due to that fact that by and large he had no money. He revelled in painting us as as an underdog/punching above our weight club. Which is something we haven’t been able to shake with the media and other football fans ever since. In many ways I don’t think he ever got the club. He masqueraded as an Everton man but his constant bottle jobs in big games and behaviour when he left exposed him for he what he was. Him coming back would be an insult to us all. Like taking back your cheating wife who you never really liked anyway. We would wear the shame for all time.

That's one game. He had very few food games as a DM. He was too slow for the role in the Premier League. Moyes' endless scouting should have detected that.
Not how I remember his time at Everton. I thought he played best there. On his best days he was a proper box-to-box midfielder. He was a really hardworking player, too, nearly always covered the most ground on the pitch for us. He was only ever thrown up front out of desperation or necessity.

He also didn't achieve anything, had a fairly negative style of play, created a bottler's culture that still goes on, continually played awful players because the were yes men (Neville, Hibbert etc.), is a one man self-publicity machine, played the same system for years, didn't sign players with pace, created the plucky little Everton tag that still haunts us now, changed media perceptions of us so everyone talks about how amazingly successful he was at Everton (I remember in the 90s and under Walter Smith when we were awful but people still used to talk about how Everton should be competing at the top), only played youngsters when he was forced to, was one of the best payed managers in the world when we had no money, even though all the others in the list were serial winners, was dour in his attitudes and demeanor, generally terrible when given decent money to spend (although very good when he had little money to spend), his teams were terrible at organised pressing - they just ran about and tried hard, focussed too much on crosses into the box, played the low block all the time (which meant we continually used to retreat towards our goal and would often concede late shots from distance), and would rather shut up shop after a lead than going for the jugular, and kept Blue Bill in post for years.

He was a decent appointment, 17 YEARS AGO! But massively limited as a manager. The game has moved on and he has no place in it at a club like ours. If you have his experience and have never won a thing, nor altered your outlook, you are a has-been.
Yeah their seems to be alot of managers falling into that bracket nowadays. Arsene Wenger as a prime example. 20 years ago he was something of an innovator but simply hasn't been able to evolve into modern football. From an outsiders point of view I thought Moyes had you 'punching above your weight' (no offence intended). Maybe that's tainted somewhat with the failure of his successors since

It's 50/50 to be fair...

Moyes would do a good for sure, he knows this club is passionate about this club & loves this club....

We have tried Martinez,Koeman & Silva & it has not worked....

We are where we are & need the stability & rebuilding structure in the team to go on to better things....

Moyes is the man to do this job....

Status
Not open for further replies.