Moyes as interim manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will remind you that we are still in both Cups and not yet adrift from a decent place in the league. I am not adverse to Moyes, but the season shouldn't be written off yet.

And I’ll remind you that our team is utter cack.
We weren’t great last season and have lost Zouma, Gomes and Gana.

Hahaha people on here think we could attract Poch or Simone. We are like the fat Spanish waiter said a small club with a small clubs board of directors the best we can expect is Moyes... Please go and get Arteta I have been going to Goodison since 1958 and we have only ever won something with an ex blue in charge..

Hahaha people on here think we could attract Poch or Simone. We are like the fat Spanish waiter said a small club with a small clubs board of directors the best we can expect is Moyes... Please go and get Arteta I have been going to Goodison since 1958 and we have only ever won something with an ex blue in charge..

I thought this was possible after the result Saturday, we essentially did this with Allardyce, after Koeman left, brought him in to stay up, then got Silva. I could see us doing it with Moyes and getting someone "better" in the summer

I thought this was possible after the result Saturday, we essentially did this with Allardyce, after Koeman left, brought him in to stay up, then got Silva. I could see us doing it with Moyes and getting someone "better" in the summer

IF and I pray there’s nothing in any of these Moyes rumours, true, I would put my house on Kenwright offering Moyes assurances of a full time contract if he’s a ‘success’.

He’ll be in the ears of Moshiri and on SSN doing interviews to his luvvies about how he (Moyes) has always been the saviour of Everton with fake tears and all that other crap.

First thought for me is
Moyes? Do me a favour - the man had no confidence v the better sides and folded each time. So how can that take us forward?

However on closer inspection, his final season for us, (remembering the team he had and what it cost) -
We finished 6th and the RS where 7th so I'm looking at results v the other top 7 apart from us....

Played 12
Won 3
Drew 6
Lost 3

In that we scored 13 and conceded 13.
Never conceded more than twice and lost only one at home. Granted, as usual, we didn't win away.
But 3rd place City didn't beat us,
4th place Arsenal didn't beat us,
5th place Spurs didn't beat us,
And 7th place RS didn't beat us.
We also had wins at home v
Champions Utd
R-Up City
And 5th place Spurs

Negatives are 3rd place Chelsea beat us twice and the champions Utd beat us 2-0 away.

Without checking I'm gunna guess this was his best performance v the best in the division.
Makes me wonder about the stick I've always beat him with to be honest.

If he comes in, he will get some ok results, fans will jump on other fans for being originally against his reappointment, we win a cup match or two and the cycle will continue again and again of deluded against bewildered whilst the rest will be thinking why they put up with this cack and just have a chippy tea instead.

The clubs motto should go too, doesn’t resonate with the club itself.

IF and I pray there’s nothing in any of these Moyes rumours, true, I would put my house on Kenwright offering Moyes assurances of a full time contract if he’s a success.

Already being reported as such in some of the rags - 2 year option.

On a positive note think of all the time and money you’d save by not having to go to the match.

If he comes in, he will get some ok results, fans will jump on other fans for being originally against his reappointment, we win a cup match or two and the cycle will continue again and again of deluded against bewildered whilst the rest will be thinking why they put up with this cack and just have a chippy tea instead.

The clubs motto should go too, doesn’t resonate with the club itself.

At the moment the club is eating itself mate.

IF and I pray there’s nothing in any of these Moyes rumours, true, I would put my house on Kenwright offering Moyes assurances of a full time contract if he’s a success.

Contracts are essentially meaningless for managers. Allardyce turned down our first offer of £6m till the end of the season to keep us up. So we offered him a 2 season contract for £12m, sacked him at the end of the first season and carried on paying him for the second season. We would probably do the same to Moyes

Contracts are essentially meaningless for managers. Allardyce turned down our first offer of £6m till the end of the season to keep us up. So we offered him a 2 season contract for £12m, sacked him at the end of the first season and carried on paying him for the second season. We would probably do the same to Moyes

We are talking about Bill Kenwright here. The only way David Moyes comes back to this club is through him. Not a chance Moshiri or Brands, you’d hope, would have even considered his name when looking into potential replacements for Silva. He will have been in Moshiris ear all over Moyes talking him up.

If Moyes comes back here he’s coming here for the long haul. No doubt about that whatever so ever.

Moyes does not warrant a £6m per year deal, he’s been utter cack since he left us. Give him £2m max for rest of the season, also because he owes us for the way he left. And that’s with a very big IF we appoint him.

Richard keys saying that hes heard Silva already gone!

https://www.[Publication is blackli...s-heard-about-evertons-marco-silva-on-twitte/

Status
Not open for further replies.