Moshiri's Mess???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I somewhat agree with the original post....I wouldn't say Allardyce's stint is the reason we're in our current debacle, but I'd say that in hindsight it does look a little unnecessary. Yes we were in a moment of panic, and Allardyce did help to solidify the defense and secure 8th. Do I think Unsworth would've done better? No, but I don't think we would've been relegated, or even that much lower in the table. So I think Moshiri is laying in the bed he made by having 2 sacked managers on the payroll through June.

The confusion and lack of progression involved with continual managerial changes should be fresh in mind, so in regards to our current situation, I think it would be irrational to go through that again. Silva won't burn us to the ground in 4 months and we can reassess in the summer. If anything, bring in a defensive minded assistant to compartmentalize some of the coaching duties.

I've said it before mate, and it's just a guess, but I don't think BK has that much of an important role at the club anymore, I just think he's a face now to regale all with his boy's pen, etc guff.

I see why you’d think that and mine is just a guess as well, I just think that there is more wrong with the club than what happens on the pitch.

We seem to have this aura around Everton, where mediocrity is the norm. It massively transcends throughout the team and even into the fans. It’s been around for a while now and the only constant has been Kenwright.

He took his time finding Moshiri, so long in fact that a lot of fans believed he wasn’t actively seeking finance, that it was all a guise as he couldn’t let his beloved club go. Then he finds someone who wants to invest a lot of money in both the club and the city, yet he’s still there. Without any real purpose anymore.

Again, I’m not in the know at all so I could be massively off with my views; but as I said before he’s the constant in all of this.

Needs to learn from his mistakes and stick to the business side.

Oh and stop getting a hard on for terrible managers.

The current mess we're in is down to two people:

Moshiri and Koeman.

Moshiri and Koeman visited shock and awe on Everton FC; the organisation is still emerging from the rubble, stumbling about looking for help.

Koeman was the biggest mistake in the club’s history.

Walsh takes a lot of stick. He should never have been given the DoF title, he was a head scout.

I don’t believe for a second that Walsh signed Sigurdsson or Williams or Bolasie or Cuco or Keane or decided to extend Mirallas. Gana & Lookman would be Walsh’s work. The overpriced dross all have Koeman written all over them.

Koeman did not care one bit about us, he was here for the pay day.

Taking extended golf holidays all the time.

Walsh has his questions to answer. But let's not kid ourselves where the core of the problem was: Moshiri provided the club's own money to Koeman, who determined who it was spent on in the vast majority of cases.

...that’s an assumption, Dave. It’s not necessarilly fact to say Koeman determined ‘who it was spent on in the vast majority of cases’. My view is that Koeman and Walsh brought players in separately without any joined-up thinking or strategy. It’s why we ended up with so much waste and an unbalanced squad.

Moshiri’s culpability was appointing Walsh and Koeman, but not with backing them. Saying that, Walsh should’ve gone when it became obvious he wasn’t up to the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.