Matthew Pennington off to Stoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good move for him if it comes off, he can have a very decent career and earnings at a club like Stoke.

Important for us that it is a permanent move as in my view he would typify the sort of player on our books with no future here that needs to leave for his sake and ours.

Somewhat of a litmus test this for Brands' ability this summer to negotiate a permanent transfer rather than another loan.

A good move for him if it comes off, he can have a very decent career and earnings at a club like Stoke.

Important for us that it is a permanent move as in my view he would typify the sort of player on our books with no future here that needs to leave for his sake and ours.

Somewhat of a litmus test this for Brands' ability this summer to negotiate a permanent transfer rather than another loan.

Please just get rid of him permanently. Not another loan.

Has it changed in recent years? I thought wools were just those of us outside but close to Liverpool such as Sintellins, Warrington, Wigan etc - places where people might have moved to and/or worked in Liverpool with it being the local port. Always sounds a bit weird when I hear it aimed at Londoners or Scandinavians.

It’s deffo changed meaning amongst the Twitter generation.

...I suspect we’d have got a fee as long as a contract was on offer because he is an Academy product. I did think it odd, though, that he signed a contract given he could’ve negotiated his own deal elsewhere.

Apparently a really good lad, academically very bright, he’s one of the rare breed of young professionals who continued to study up to A Level where he did very well. His sister is studying Medicine.
Any pics of the sister ??
Asking for Frank lol

I thought it was for traders from outside Liverpool who used to bring in wool down to the docks and they carried it on their backs hence ‘Wooly back’
My dad worked on the Liverpool Docks during the 50s and my ex father in law was a button man on Dublin docks
If you were unloading coal by shovel you didn’t need wool to keep you warm

Back on topic
Pennington needs to get a permanent deal elsewhere as do another 10/12 of the younger lads who are not going to make it here
If you get one every 3 or 4 years that come through the ranks to the first team squad you are doing well

Back on topic
Pennington needs to get a permanent deal elsewhere as do another 10/12 of the younger lads who are not going to make it here
If you get one every 3 or 4 years that come through the ranks to the first team squad you are doing well

No you're not, that would be an abysmal effort and may as well scrap the academy

How many have we got in the squad who came through the academy
How many have the scum
How many have Spurs
How many have City
How many have Arsenal ( not bought but through the academy )

Status
Not open for further replies.