Matthew Pennington off to Stoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be a perm, surely the only reason he got a new contract was for us to get a fee?

...I suspect we’d have got a fee as long as a contract was on offer because he is an Academy product. I did think it odd, though, that he signed a contract given he could’ve negotiated his own deal elsewhere.

Apparently a really good lad, academically very bright, he’s one of the rare breed of young professionals who continued to study up to A Level where he did very well. His sister is studying Medicine.

I actually think he's better than people are making out

Anyone can have a bad game here or there, but he was reportedly one of the few Ipswich players that actually looked like a footballer last season and I always felt he looked assured when he played for us

However, if he's not in Silva's plans then the best thing to do is get him a move and wish him well

He is very much a Championship player. Which is fine, but at 25 he should not still be contracted to Everton.

I thought he was a step above the rest of the squad? (Not saying much like, but still)

Not particularly. He’s one of maybe 3 thought weren’t as crap but we’re still crap.

Not much praise sadly.

From my point of view he seems a good lad with a level head. Just not quite good enough for us. I don’t wish anything bad of him but would be best for everyone if he got his career properly going with a perm move.

He's a bit like Duffy in that he'll make a good career for himself at a decent Championship/lower PL side, but he's not got enough for a club at the top of the table. Good that he's moving on to start having a permanent career rather than loan after loan.

Get shut. One of many hanging around the wages bill with no prospect of becoming a top player. he will make more than a decent living elsewhere.

Good to see us finally moving on some of these players round the fringes of the squad. Could even be the summer we finally get Garbutt off the books!

Status
Not open for further replies.