• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or that he's not the man? I get an idea of "he needs time", but that needs to have substance behind it. We just got absolutely smacked in front of a world audience and all the comments were "they played a suicidal high line and never changed it even when it was obvious it wasn't working". That's Martinez level of delusion.

Or pocchetino levels as remember them getting utterly ripped apart all game the other season by our loveable neighbours by sticking with a high line all game too when it was being exposed time and time again.

See what he is made of now in the next game, losing it and we become odds on the media's free fall team. And his Hull and Watford stints become much focus for all.

....whilst the team organisation was suicidal yesterday, I think what concerned me most was not changing things when it was obvious early in the match.

I like Silva and I generally like the players he and Brands have brought in but he got it very wrong yesterday. 24 points at Christmas is just above the minimum acceptable target but a run of good results is needed or his position will be increasingly questioned.

The shouts to bring back Big Sam are daft. Until today we had largely played well this season. We just weren't clinical enough in front of goal. Today was a disaster but it was also an aberration. I've never seen Spurs play so well. They were magnificent and they may now go on to win the title.

Had we ? Peak Everton this season was a 3-0 win against Fulham. There hasn’t been a single standout performance imo, maybe a case could be argued for the derby.

Had we ? Peak Everton this season was a 3-0 win against Fulham. There hasn’t been a single standout performance imo, maybe a case could be argued for the derby.
A case could be made for a standout performance in a match we lost? Jebus fn.... close down the shop if that's the case.

We mocked the RS for their heroic 2-1 loss at Real.

A case could be made for a standout performance in a match we lost? Jebus fn.... close down the shop if that's the case.

We mocked the RS for their heroic 2-1 loss at Real.

I agree but people will bring up the Derby. We have not had a single performance all season that has made me think “we’re going places”, I’ve no idea how someone can come to the conclusion that our performances have been mostly good.

I agree but people will bring up the Derby. We have not had a single performance all season that has made me think “we’re going places”, I’ve no idea how someone can come to the conclusion that our performances have been mostly good.
I've said for weeks we are underperforming. There is definite talent on this team but we are 11th ffs. Only can circle back to 1 person honestly.

Bottom line is ....after all of our managerial changes recently , unless we are in real relegation fears ( which we are not ....) he gets this season and next ! Silva needs to tweak his philosophy to meet the abilities of his playing staff AND Brands needs to get him better players for his desired playing style. This was never a quick fix. ( but also ...today was dire and unacceptable all round )

Bottom line is ....after all of our managerial changes recently , unless we are in real relegation fears ( which we are not ....) he gets this season and next ! Silva needs to tweak his philosophy to meet the abilities of his playing staff AND Brands needs to get him better players for his desired playing style. This was never a quick fix. ( but also ...today was dire and unacceptable all round )
You know you contradict yourself, right? If something is "unacceptable" then there are consequences. I'm not saying sack now but, if there was to be another 6 goal loss at home, how does that work with your view?

You know you contradict yourself, right? If something is "unacceptable" then there are consequences. I'm not saying sack now but, if there was to be another 6 goal loss at home, how does that work with your view?
Today's loss / effort was unacceptable for the players and the manager ..... obviously hoping for a response but lurching from manager to manager is not going to help us. I think the manager will get more leeway ...as my original point stated. We've had 2 managers last year / risked an FA charge hiring this one , unless we are in the bottom 4-5 , Marco's here.

Today's loss / effort was unacceptable for the players and the manager ..... obviously hoping for a response but lurching from manager to manager is not going to help us. I think the manager will get more leeway ...as my original point stated. We've had 2 managers last year / risked an FA charge hiring this one , unless we are in the bottom 4-5 , Marco's here.
Again, "unacceptable". And if it happens again? Slap on the wrist again?

Status
Not open for further replies.