• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is tho three of the best players this season haven't been his, Siggy, Keane and Gueye have done well, so can't really say Silva has struggled because of players bought by a previous manager not working in his system.
Disagree, I believe our better players have been Digne and Richarlison

Maybe we have that record because we have been in it since it started. All the others who have been in it the same time as us are the bigger clubs so the stat makes sense

I think we held the record for most defeats in the old 1st Division as well.

Also the most goals conceded.

But we also held the record for most games won and most goals scored.

It is more about longevity than owt else.

And in the old days we had as many good seasons as bad ones.

We are ever presents in the EPL era but off the top of my head I can think of no more than five which I would call good seasons.

We have struggled most the time so wonder we hold this new record.

The shouts to bring back Big Sam are daft. Until today we had largely played well this season. We just weren't clinical enough in front of goal. Today was a disaster but it was also an aberration. I've never seen Spurs play so well. They were magnificent and they may now go on to win the title.

The reasonable expectations of most this season would be a top 10 finish, improving the footy, moving to a more positive approach, refreshing/improving the 1st team/squad and a decent cup run.

Any team finishing 10th-8th....hell even the team finishing 7th....are going to have some crap games and poor runs.

I don't see much so far to suggest we won't be able match those expectations. As crap as some of the games have been.

Come seasons end we will be looking ahead instead of back and the most important part will come as we start the second part of the squad overhaul.

I don't doubt that this season will be acceptable to most fans when we get to the end.

However I still haven't a clue whether he will be the man to take us onwards and upwards after next summer's transfer window work.

Overall though, the managers alright by me and I'm still fairly positive.

Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.