• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, "unacceptable". And if it happens again? Slap on the wrist again?

No ...you're right ...if we give up 6 again / Pickford own goals a couple / ref disallows a good goal / Coleman plays even worse ...yup ,fire the manager !!!! Sam in again ?
Am I sold on Silva ? No .... Do I want us to change managers again ? No ....I stand by my original comment...its going to be a work in progress . Our current playing staff and managers philosophy do not match. Things need to change on both ends ....but I think that Silva is here for a while. Fixtures from now until Feb will probably determine it one way or another.

No ...you're right ...if we give up 6 again / Pickford own goals a couple / ref disallows a good goal / Coleman plays even worse ...yup ,fire the manager !!!! Sam in again ?
Am I sold on Silva ? No .... Do I want us to change managers again ? No ....I stand by my original comment...its going to be a work in progress . Our current playing staff and managers philosophy do not match. Things need to change on both ends ....but I think that Silva is here for a while. Fixtures from now until Feb will probably determine it one way or another.
Again, you have unwavering support of him. You say "unacceptable". That, again, means not allowed. If he allowed 6 goals a match for the next 3 than you would say get rid?

It's a bit odd to say "yeah, give him two years minimum!" and then quantify it.

Personally don't think he's a good manager but we look great losing.

It's a bit premature to talk about sacking him I think

Still early days

Liverpool doing so well probably doesn't help

It's far far too early to question his position.

But it's completely fair to say that he's underperforming and needs to improve. These moments are the test of a manager. Get through them, learn from them, make sure there's no repeat, and improve as a squad and coaching staff. I'm still backing him to do that, but a back to basics approach might be required.

6 games ago people were buzzing with him. It's unravelled a bit since the Pickford error in the Derby, which was not Silva's fault in the slightest. The players look like they're haunted by it and it can take time to get over a horror show like that.

Spurs game was mental. Never seen us concede so many clear chances in a game and yet we should have been 2-0 up. Again, a Pickford error and the whole team disintegrates. We missed Gana badly.

He has to be given time. Regularly chopping and changing managers is not a good model for success.
This is a textbook transition season. There will be pockets of good and bad, guaranteed. But as long as we're not in any danger of going down (and let's be honest, we are not), we have to ride it out and give him a chance to truly make the team his next season. I trust Brands and I think he trusts Silva.

There are weaknesses all over, but central midfield is a huge issue. Gana and Gomes are the only two in there who are genuinely top half premier League quality. Everyone else there is a disaster - and I'm worried about us selling Gana. We need an instant boss replacement. If Gomes is out for a while then the thought of Davies and Schneiderlin together is not appealing

Again, you have unwavering support of him. You say "unacceptable". That, again, means not allowed. If he allowed 6 goals a match for the next 3 than you would say get rid?

It's a bit odd to say "yeah, give him two years minimum!" and then quantify it.

Personally don't think he's a good manager but we look great losing.
a) I didn't say " give him 2 years minimum " ...I said based on mishiring in the past he's probably here this year and next ( " if we aren't in relegation fears " )
b) Unwavering support ? erm ...ok ? Said he needs to change his philosophy to match his current squad
c) did we look great losing today ? I didnt think so ....you did ?

Turn this into a Silva in / Silva out debate if you want .... I don't care. We aren't good enough currently ( and we havent been for a long time ! ) We are mid table fodder and have been for largely 30 years. Silva / Moshiri / players are just the latest incarnation of it.

Doesn’t matter how good the opposition are, if you let in 6 goals at home then simply not good enough. End of !!

We aren't - Spurs are on another planet to us. That would've still been the case had Walcott's goal been the winner. They're brilliantly managed and having a cracking side. That's why they are where they are, why they keep qualifying for the Champions League. But look how they got there, they took a punt on a young and relatively inexperienced manager (could same the same about Silva). They stuck with Kane who looked bang average for ages, and used the Bale money to buy players like Eriksen. Bingo

a) I didn't say " give him 2 years minimum " ...I said based on mishiring in the past he's probably here this year and next ( " if we aren't in relegation fears " )
b) Unwavering support ? erm ...ok ? Said he needs to change his philosophy to match his current squad
c) did we look great losing today ? I didnt think so ....you did ?

Turn this into a Silva in / Silva out debate if you want .... I don't care. We aren't good enough currently ( and we havent been for a long time ! ) We are mid table fodder and have been for largely 30 years. Silva / Moshiri / players are just the latest incarnation of it.
I just don't get / agree with the idea "he needs two years!". If he is underperforming (which he undoubtedly is), he should be looked at.

Might have misread part, apologies if so!

I just don't get / agree with the idea "he needs two years!". If he is underperforming (which he undoubtedly is), he should be looked at.

Might have misread part, apologies if so!
I don't want two more years of today ! ( I don't want two more matches of it ! ) I just think he's going to get more rope than the previous managers. ( unless it gets far worse in the table ) I'm not advocating for it .... I just think its the reality. ..... Players not good enough / manager not good enough currently. Next 5-6 matches are really going to determine the short term future of both.

We aren't - Spurs are on another planet to us. That would've still been the case had Walcott's goal been the winner. They're brilliantly managed and having a cracking side. That's why they are where they are, why they keep qualifying for the Champions League. But look how they got there, they took a punt on a young and relatively inexperienced manager (could same the same about Silva). They stuck with Kane who looked bang average for ages, and used the Bale money to buy players like Eriksen. Bingo

Don’t forget they have wasted a lot of the Bale money too and went through a couple of managers before getting Poch.

It’s taken them a good few seasons to get to where they are now and they still haven’t won anything.

We’re just gonna have to dig and accept that it may take time before we get there.

Don’t forget they have wasted a lot of the Bale money too and went through a couple of managers before getting Poch.

It’s taken them a good few seasons to get to where they are now and they still haven’t won anything.

We’re just gonna have to dig and accept that it may take time before we get there.
I think it's the manager, honestly. Theres too much talent in this side to be 11th.

I think it's the manager, honestly. Theres too much talent in this side to be 11th.

It’s not though, we’ve got some good players, some average players and some players who aren’t good enough.

Until we address the areas that need strengthening there’s gonna be games where we struggle / get shown up like yesterday.

It’s not though, we’ve got some good players, some average players and some players who aren’t good enough.

Until we address the areas that need strengthening there’s gonna be games where we struggle : get shown up like yesterday.
Richarlison is Brazil's striker
Bernard has had 40+ caps from Brazil
Sigurdsson has had 70+ caps from Iceland
Walcott has had 40+ in England
Gomes has had ~30 for Portugal
Gana has 60+ for Senegal
Mina is Columbia's first choce CB
Zouma has 10+ caps
Coleman has 80+ caps for Ireland and is their captain
Digne has 10+ for World Cup winning France
Pickford is first choice for Ingerland

That's our starting 11 mate. We don't have "good players" or "average players", we have very good players to better.

Status
Not open for further replies.