• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve got to give him at least a full season and two or three transfer windows before he can be judged a failure or a success.
Today just showed yet again:

1. that Spurs are a class act
2. That teams will push up against us and look to go toe to toe with us even at Goodison until such time as we have a top class striker that opponents fear. Teams fear the likes of Kane....they don’t fear Calvert-Lewin.
3. We need to sign another midfielder in the mould of Idrissa. There was a big hole in the middle today and if Gomes has to keep playing alongside the likes of Davies whenever Idrissa is injures, then he isn’t going to want to stick around and sign a permanent contract to face this embarrassment week in week out. Maybe McCarthy should be played.

Agreed with all of that, except the last bit about McCarthy.

Agreed with all of that, except the last bit about McCarthy.
I agree that many will be apprehensive about playing McCarthy, but before his last injury he was starting to look like the player that he was early in Roberto’s tenure. I doubt he would be much more of a risk than Davies or Schneiderlin.

Think it's typical that a few days ago, after the city game I said the two goal defeats we'd suffered would be the worst of our season which would be a great start seeing as we've been used to the odd thrashing every season. Why the eff did that spurs result have to happen straight after I said that? Haha

I still wont write him off. I want to see what he can do with a more of his players. Hope to see all the deadwood shipped out next summer.

I agree that many will be apprehensive about playing McCarthy, but before his last injury he was starting to look like the player that he was early in Roberto’s tenure. I doubt he would be much more of a risk than Davies or Schneiderlin.

he will not regain match fitness for at least 6 months.

he might be 'fit' but returning after such an injury will take months.

look at coleman and Bolasie - both had serious injuries and both are half the player they were

I still wont write him off. I want to see what he can do with a more of his players. Hope to see all the deadwood shipped out next summer.
I just find this idea the team isn't "his" so bizarre. Zouma, Digne, Gomes, Richarlison. First game in awhile he didn;t have more than 5 of HIS players in the squad(Mina/Bernard). Why does a supposed good manager need 11 players he signs? Aren't GOOD managers meant to get the best out of what they have?

I just find this idea the team isn't "his" so bizarre. Zouma, Digne, Gomes, Richarlison. First game in awhile he didn;t have more than 5 of HIS players in the squad(Mina/Bernard). Why does a supposed good manager need 11 players he signs? Aren't GOOD managers meant to get the best out of what they have?

because they endorsed him in the first place and don't want to lose face.. transition seems to be the key word to hide marco's failures under.

he will not regain match fitness for at least 6 months.

he might be 'fit' but returning after such an injury will take months.

look at coleman and Bolasie - both had serious injuries and both are half the player they were
Yes, that’s very true....but even without match sharpness he may be a better short term fix for times when Idrissa can’t play.
We’re just being carved open too easily and today wasn’t a one-off. We are conceding a lot of chances even in games that we get points from, and we need a bit of steel in the middle.

makes you wonder how long arsenal will be in transition since emery arrived... I mean he's got a whole team of wengers team who were labelled failures to sort out

oh, you what, they've just had a 20 game unbeaten run, using only 3 or 4 of Emerys players.

my word. a coach that can coach … wowzers

He will be nowhere near match fit, plus we need better.

Status
Not open for further replies.