• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Far be it from me to defend Silva but he was doing fine and we were progressing nicely until Pickford intervened at Anfield.

Marco needs to step up now and arrest this slump.

And IMO that has to start on Boxing Day with Pickford benched.

Will he dare drop the England goalkeeper and make a statement?

That’s my thinking Khal, the next week or 2 is make or break. It goes belly up and we’ll be scrambling to 40 points.

Something has gone wrong, 1 game and the confidence has been absolutely mullered from the team. The performances at home have been truly shocking, I envisioned a battering today and it came true

Far be it from me to defend Silva but he was doing fine and we were progressing nicely until Pickford intervened at Anfield.
Marco needs to step up now and arrest this slump.
And IMO that has to start on Boxing Day with Pickford benched.
Will he dare drop the England goalkeeper and make a statement?
I agree he needs to be benched but we don't have a capable back up keeper, so he can't be, we needed an alternative last summer

All the bedwetters are out in force now putting the knives in Silvas back.
The fact is they can name any manager they like there is no guarantee of success.
If he is to be sacked at least give him a full season and then assess if he is the right man for the job.
12 months ago we were being managed by Allerdyce a percentage manager who drained the life out teams and would settle for nil nil before a ball was kicked.
Marco Silva is a brave manager so let's at least give him a chance to prove he can do the job.
Well said.

I like Silva as I liked Martinez. They both try to play football. He needs to learn quick that it won't happen with the players we have so he has to be a bit more clever against certain teams and stop trying to match some of these teams at football.

I like Silva as I liked Martinez. They both try to play football. He needs to learn quick that it won't happen with the players we have so he has to be a bit more clever against certain teams and stop trying to match some of these teams at football.
I like him too.
Is he capable of giving a half time bollocking?

he, like Martinez will soon learn that without being rigid defensively you will get absolutely nowhere in this league

We knew from his previous at Hull and Watford that there will be the odd day like this; however he's shown enough in England for me to be sure that there will be good days against top six sides as well.

At least there won't be the Allardyce bunker-theory football anymore.

Very unfortunate today that arguably our most effective performer against top-six teams (Gueye) was injured.

We knew from his previous at Hull and Watford that there will be the odd day like this; however he's shown enough in England for me to be sure that there will be good days against top six sides as well.

At least there won't be the Allardyce bunker-theory football anymore.

Very unfortunate today that arguably our most effective performer against top-six teams (Gueye) was injured.
Not great that we don’t have a replacement when gueye is injured

All the bedwetters are out in force now putting the knives in Silvas back.
The fact is they can name any manager they like there is no guarantee of success.
If he is to be sacked at least give him a full season and then assess if he is the right man for the job.
12 months ago we were being managed by Allerdyce a percentage manager who drained the life out teams and would settle for nil nil before a ball was kicked.
Marco Silva is a brave manager so let's at least give him a chance to prove he can do the job.
*who had a BETTER return*

We’ve got to give him at least a full season and two or three transfer windows before he can be judged a failure or a success.
Today just showed yet again:

1. that Spurs are a class act
2. That teams will push up against us and look to go toe to toe with us even at Goodison until such time as we have a top class striker that opponents fear. Teams fear the likes of Kane....they don’t fear Calvert-Lewin.
3. We need to sign another midfielder in the mould of Idrissa. There was a big hole in the middle today and if Gomes has to keep playing alongside the likes of Davies whenever Idrissa is injures, then he isn’t going to want to stick around and sign a permanent contract to face this embarrassment week in week out. Maybe McCarthy should be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.