• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we are almost halfway through the season and in 2 months time our remaining home fixtures will be

Man City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Man Utd
Burnley

we are probably going to need a few away wins if you want 50 points and for a team who has won only 1 away game all season and has a terrible record of away performances over the past few years that seems unlikely

We should be able to give a decent enough run over the next couple weeks, though. We shall see.

Honestly you can see the difference he has made at Soton already, the guy oozes passion like most modern players want. His English is excellent and as much as we hate Klopp he is a spitting image of him. He is someone that doesn’t just change the mentality of a team but the mentality of the whole club, every single staff and fans. I’ve followed his career and I’m absolutely certain he will be the next big thing or end up at an elite club very soon. He rejected Bayern because he believed he wasn’t ready yet, that takes big balls and I respect that a lot.
well if he wasn't ready for Bayern then he probly wast ready for Everton.

good decison

Honestly you can see the difference he has made at Soton already, the guy oozes passion like most modern players want. His English is excellent and as much as we hate Klopp he is a spitting image of him. He is someone that doesn’t just change the mentality of a team but the mentality of the whole club, every single staff and fans. I’ve followed his career and I’m absolutely certain he will be the next big thing or end up at an elite club very soon. He rejected Bayern because he believed he wasn’t ready yet, that takes big balls and I respect that a lot.
Let’s wait until the end of the season before hailing him a success

Let’s wait until the end of the season before hailing him a success

I wish we got Hassenhutl, the guy is going to be the next Klopp/Pep I’m certain. It takes big balls to reject Bayern Munich and go to Southampton instead, shows he has a good head on his shoulders.

I agree he's a really really good coach, and I think Southampton hit gold in getting him. But timing wise it was perfect for Southampton, but not so much for any club who may have been interested in him last summer. Because he left Leipzig with a year left on his deal, they had an agreement that he wasn't able to take a new job until October, so he wasn't actually a free agent despite not actually being with Leipzig.

He spoke to Bayern when he was still the RB Leipzig coach, but decided it was too much to soon for him as he had very little European experience. At the time he thought he would be staying at Leipzig I'm guessing.

Except Klopp go to two finals that year.

Sick of this [Poor language removed] why are we so happy to accept mediocrity.

Since when has getting a final and losing meant absolutely anything - long and short of it, klopps first season, he finished 8th in the league in a season Leicester won the thing, won zero trophies, and failed to qualify for any European competition with a Liverpool side that two seasons earlier had come within a Gerrard slip of winning the league.

I'd say that was a mediocre season to say the least, wouldn't you?

No OrlyHousenVanSackenback.

I really want stability, I will give him time to turn it around, today was our first real spanking.

Its a marathon not a sprint.

First heavy loss we've had, a lot will be shown by the players and indeed the managers reaction to it. You'd hop to see a positive reaction cone the away trip to Burnley.

Last month serves as a reality check to how long we will need and how patient we'll need to be to see us turn over a side with a lot of work still to do on it to get it fit for purpose.

Decent first 11, but nothing beyond that, so any drop in form by a player, injury or suspension, or a player showing he's maybe badly on the decline, we are left screwed and seriously weakened. Bare minimum of the next 2-3 with does required to change that up.

Loving the stat that's he's the only manager to concede 6 goals at three different Premier league clubs..

The mere fact he didn't learn from the first time, nor the second makes me believe even more that he is utterly clueless.

Last month serves as a reality check to how long we will need and how patient we'll need to be to see us turn over a side with a lot of work still to do on it to get it fit for purpose.
Or that he's not the man? I get an idea of "he needs time", but that needs to have substance behind it. We just got absolutely smacked in front of a world audience and all the comments were "they played a suicidal high line and never changed it even when it was obvious it wasn't working". That's Martinez level of delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.