Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
...delighted with his reaction after the full time whistle. The victory clearly meant a lot. He's an absolute bull of a man, on the Coleman thread some are asking why he didn't tumble when he had that run into the box but he's like a grown man playing with young kids.

Well, he is a fellow Taurean...we have anger issues if pushed far enough. Is right, Rom.

Last edited:
Ok so what if...

We're still in the mix in January, we offload one or two and there is still the Fellaini money available (remember they said McCarthy was nothing to do with the Fellaini deal) Spend that on Lukaku- or at least try.

The ONE thing we have been missing is a striker who can score 20 plus goals- we have one now and after seeing his reation at the end of the game yesterday you can see he's starting to get the passion for the club!

Oh I can but dream

Ok so what if...

We're still in the mix in January, we offload one or two and there is still the Fellaini money available (remember they said McCarthy was nothing to do with the Fellaini deal) Spend that on Lukaku- or at least try.

The ONE thing we have been missing is a striker who can score 20 plus goals- we have one now and after seeing his reation at the end of the game yesterday you can see he's starting to get the passion for the club!

Oh I can but dream

We'll never have a better chance to get a player like that, will we?

A player his age, so suited to English football, and dedicated to the game is worth moving the earth for. I'd love us to build a side around him.

Ok so what if...

Oh I can but dream

bill-kenwright-eric-sykes-blue-plaque-unveiling_3752257.jpg

if we did buy him, i'd say we get 2 or 3 years out of him max before one of the worlds leading sides takes him off us for massive wonga. Just don't expect it to happen at all, so i'll keep it that way so i can't get dissapointed/overjoyed even more.

...RM will be scouring the world for strikers. Romelu is Chelsea's. But we are in a win/win with Chelski at the moment and if we can piggyback oligarch money to the point where top top players see EFC as a viable avenue for advancement, I am happy with the win/win arrangement

...elaborating on my above comment, I mean that if utilising a quasi franchising arrangement with the mega rich clubs to get EFC into the CL works for us, use that arrangement. It is an alternative avenue that needs to be commercially perambulated to OUR betterment.

Let's say we've got the money to buy him.

I'm not so sure Chelsea would be willing to sell him. My guess is that they'd rather have him back.

Let's say we've got the money to buy him.

I'm not so sure Chelsea would be willing to sell him. My guess is that they'd rather have him back.

Lots of ifs and buts here, but if Chelsea's other strikers did well this season, they may not see Lukaku's return as urgent.

And unless he was wanted by a foreign club, especially one that Chelsea doesn't see as strong competition to their CL
ambitions, I think they'd be picky about who they'd sell to. I mean, if he was to stay in the Prem' they wouldn't want him to go to any of the Sky favourites.

That would put us in a strong position, unless we had such a great season on the back of his goals that Chelsea saw us as
competition.

The fee would be the obvious problem, but maybe we could offer them a big sell on deal if they agreed to a price we could pay.

I did say there were lots of ifs and buts.

Btw, has anyone mentioned the commentators remark during the Villa match? He said he was doing the Chelsea v City
match on Sunday, but that he "might be watching Chelsea's best striker here."

We borrowed him for a bit. Took him for a nice test drive on those brilliantly smooth roads and gave him a bit of a work out, but ultimately we'll have to take him back to the Showroom and nut out a deal for the Hotted Up X-90.

If he was our player, he wouldn't be here next season anyway, Chelsea/Man City/Man United would have bought him off us, it's the way of Everton FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.