Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
DailyFail reporting that Sherwood is getting the boot at Spurs and that it was him that wanted Lukaku as well as Barry this summer.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...no-one-gets-away-humiliating-Levy-public.html

Mate they contradict themselves every 5 minutes on Lukaku, first its need champions league to get him, then next breath they link him with spurs, its just all rubbish, think the only people who matter are roberto and jose and romelu, and i think that conversation maybe has already happened

Genuine point though is how many top young players in demand end up in Italy nowadays, especially for 20m type fees?

Lukaku will not move anywhere that he won't be coming in as the number 1 man, and that rules out a hell of a lot of teams that may have wanted him, think in the end it will be a relatively smooth purchase actually for 18-21m
That I see as one of the key reasons we have a chance of signing him.

I think he absolutely loves the attention of being the primary striker and people recognising how good he is. But he is very much a team player - he is generous in his assists and likewise always points at the person who assisted him for a goal and wants to celebrate with them. He is also one of the first to run up to someone else who has scored with genuine joy on his face.

I think the year on the bench at Chelsea under AVB has made him a more appreciative of the value of a supportive manager than your average 20 year old and he doesn't seem to be that hung up about money - or at least not at the expense of his playing time and development.

It all seems pretty cut and dried-CL football equals Rom to Everton. And it should, for whatever reason Jose doesn't want him and he (rightly) doesn't see Everton as title challengers for a while so in order to comply with FFP he'd be willing to sell Lukaku to bring in Diego Costa or Falcao or whomever. He's made a big deal out of FFP so he needs the 19-23 million pounds anyway.

You can get the feeling he loves it here. He really enjoys playing for Roberto, which helps. I don't think he'll want to go to a more toxic environment like Spurs or Newcastle, and it may be difficult on him personally to try and go somewhere like Italy and step in and be the top striker at a club there. Now to stop playing psychiatrist.

Thanks for everything, Big Rom. Gave us some awesome memories, despite being too lazy at times and having the touch of a trampoline. No doubt he'll be one of the best forwards in the world when he reaches his prime and irons out the flaws in his game.

efc__1379777103_lukaku.jpg

phpq4CNO2AM-600x310.jpg

Lu_2758532b.jpg

Everton-v-Arsenal-Roberto-Martinez-Romelu-Luk_3115733.jpg

article-2625455-1DC082FB00000578-752_634x442.jpg

i'll be his fan whatever he does.

hope it's with us. as you#re no longer our player i've removed you as my avatar, if that has made you sad then sign on the dotted line and you'll be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.