Homepage Update: [Listen] How does Moyes feel now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I wasn't lining up gheir achievements, my reference to Shankly was purely in relation to the attitude after he left, it took years for them to recognise what he'd done. As for money to spend you need to look at the money Walter was given (Dacourt, Collins, Matterazi et al) and reconsider your statement, it's false.

Players bought and then sold a year later (2 years in Collins case but he was injured a lot of his first season) to balance the books as we were being sold. We then basically remained on skid row until we sold Rooney.

Night and day difference between what Smith and Moyes had. Not saying Smith was a better manager because that is plainly false but that statement I put is 100% true mate.

Which is still better than Moyes right?

The cold hard facts are that Moyes has won nothing in a fairly lengthy career and can now add a relegation to that.

Utter loser.

Him not you.
Don't really care what former managers do at other clubs. I judge Moyes and Martinez based on their time here. Moyes was a professional bottle merchant who could never break the glass ceiling and cost us in several major matchs including the FA cup final in 09. However he also transformed this club after a decade of relegation battles and made us safe as the best of the rest. Finishing 4th in 04-05 was a million times better then anything Martinez did here and both 07-08 & 08-09 were considerably better. Moyes left a tangible positive effect in that we were better off then when he arrived.

Martinez the peacock strutted in here making ludicrous promises about champions league that he'd never have the ability to deliver even if he had a Real Madrid style budget. After fluking a decent season (and decent is all it was) with Moyes team plus Lukaku, Martinez was exposed for the charlatan he is. He undid all of Moyes work of making us hard to beat and having fortress Goodison transforming us in a gang of show ponys who were tragically easy to beat all to feed his little vanity project. The only tangible effect Martinez left here was relief at his departure from both players and fans alike.

Don't really care what former managers do at other clubs. I judge Moyes and Martinez based on their time here. Moyes was a professional bottle merchant who could never break the glass ceiling and cost us in several major matchs including the FA cup final in 09. However he also transformed this club after a decade of relegation battles and made us safe as the best of the rest. Finishing 4th in 04-05 was a million times better then anything Martinez did here and both 07-08 & 08-09 were considerably better. Moyes left a tangible positive effect in that we were better off then when he arrived.

Martinez the peacock strutted in here making ludicrous promises about champions league that he'd never have the ability to deliver even if he had a Real Madrid style budget. After fluking a decent season (and decent is all it was) with Moyes team plus Lukaku, Martinez was exposed for the charlatan he is. He undid all of Moyes work of making us hard to beat and having fortress Goodison transforming us in a gang of show ponys who were tragically easy to beat all to feed his little vanity project. The only tangible effect Martinez left here was relief at his departure from both players and fans alike.

Thats up to you. The question was just who was the better manager, not who was the better manager for us.

Of course Moyes was the better manager for us.

Still, neither won a jot.

We were not hard to beat under Moyes either by the way. When it came to big games we won none of them. That's when it matters. We had some shockingly bad defensive displays under Moyes that people seem to totally ignore in the same way that they ignore that he had us playing some rather nice football at times too.

Moyes and Martinez are absoloute opposites in pretty much everyway. One the ever optimist he crosses over to the ridiculous,the other so negative he made sunderlands relegation seem inevetiable with some of his comments and that was only at the start of last season.
I rate martinez above moyes.

Moyes probably feels like a complete ****

Rather curious what Martinez would've pulled off with that Sunderland line-up

I would assume he would not have bought in 50 ex Everton players who best days were ten years ago.

One thing he would not have done is say they were doomed before the season even kicked off. Though he may have said they will get Champions League football....

I would assume he would not have bought in 50 ex Everton players who best days were ten years ago.

One thing he would not have done is say they were doomed before the season even kicked off. Though he may have said they will get Champions League football....
He'd probably of said everything was fine and all these awful results were mearly a minor set back. He'd of continued to deny the reality of the situation until it was unavoidable. Then he'd of blamed anyone and everyone else but himself and walked away while acting like he was doing them a favour.

Your probably right he wouldn't bring in ex Everton players because they'd all turn down the move to avoid working with that bafoon again. All the ex Wigan players just happy to get a pay check off any club stupid enough to pay them? That sounds more like it.

He'd probably of said everything was fine and all these awful results were mearly a minor set back. He'd of continued to deny the reality of the situation until it was unavoidable. Then he'd of blamed anyone and everyone else but himself and walked away while acting like he was doing them a favour.

Your probably right he wouldn't bring in ex Everton players because they'd all turn down the move to avoid working with that bafoon again. All the ex Wigan players just happy to get a pay check off any club stupid enough to pay them? That sounds more like it.

He doesn't need to manage Sunderland mate, he is the manager of Belgium, 10th best team in the world (Also what is going on with their rankings? Poland are 6th...)

Moyes is unemployed.

Neither of them won anything so both failed. Moyes got us closest, with a final and a 4th place finish. More importantly he managed to steer us away from relegation when by rights we should of gone, we had been down there so long. For that I will always respect him. Still a twit for the way he left.
As for Martinez, well Catterick was manager when I first started watching, and of all the managers since the two equal worst were Walker and Martinez, hate them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.