Lars Jacobsen from Nurnberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont get me wrong, I welcome these players, but Jacobsen at 28 and (if true) Kuffour at 31...anyone thinking this is moving in the direction of the last days of the Walter Smith reign of error...all the arl arses getting signed up that'll be tortuous to shift? :rolleyes:

I'm ambivalent about this one.

On one hand I'm pleased they managed to get this done with no speculation before hand, and that it broke on the Everton website first.

While on the other hand its a free! :blink:

Hey I'd come on a free if that would make a bit of difference. Hopeing for this to clear somewhat and get at least one big name before the deed is done.

Moan,moan,moan,moan,moan.........

Every one hates Neville, an every one hates Hibbert. So we buy a decent RB, imternational, champions league an can play across the back 4 an what does every one do.....

[Poor language removed] moan.

Get a grip boys, it's like BK round here latley!!

Moan,moan,moan,moan,moan.........

Every one hates Neville, an every one hates Hibbert. So we buy a decent RB, imternational, champions league an can play across the back 4 an what does every one do.....

[Poor language removed] moan.

Get a grip boys, it's like BK round here latley!!

I'm happy with him, glad to have him aboard.

The problem is Neville could potentially be playing in midfield, that puts a big downer on things. I'll happily wait and see what Moyes brings in though, I'm still hoping for a defensive midfielder.

great news. need more bodies.

will mean nevs is playing the carsley role - yes he cant pass that well, but then neither could supercars.

Its only a one year contract that hasn't cost the club anything but wages so its a no lose situation - unless he surprises us and plays top class - then we'd need to sign him for longer.

For those saying they prefer Rodwell - Moyes sees the players day in, day out. He obviously thinks Rodwell isn't ready...except as an ancillary player. He obviously trusts Neville so its a no brainer.

He was forced into playing the kids - hopefully with some reinforcements he want be forced into doing anything.

Just Appiah, Zigic, Moutinho and M'Bia to go then.

we may as well get Arshavin while were at it.

Jacobsen is only on a 1 year deal. Kuffour would be something similar I'd imagine. Not too keen on Kuffour at all, but he'd provide some competition I suppose.

Dont get me wrong, I welcome these players, but Jacobsen at 28 and (if true) Kuffour at 31...anyone thinking this is moving in the direction of the last days of the Walter Smith reign of error...all the arl arses getting signed up that'll be tortuous to shift? :rolleyes:

If the Kuffour rumour is true it's worrying. I simply can't see any reason to sign him. 12 years at Bayern and he only managed 175 appearances. Only another 40 since 2005. And he's 31, he's a defender (which we seem to be well covered for) and he was rejected by Sunderland.
I say again, REJECTED BY SUNDERLAND..

great news. need more bodies.

will mean nevs is playing the carsley role - yes he cant pass that well, but then neither could supercars.

Its only a one year contract that hasn't cost the club anything but wages so its a no lose situation - unless he surprises us and plays top class - then we'd need to sign him for longer.

For those saying they prefer Rodwell - Moyes sees the players day in, day out. He obviously thinks Rodwell isn't ready...except as an ancillary player. He obviously trusts Neville so its a no brainer.

He was forced into playing the kids - hopefully with some reinforcements he want be forced into doing anything.

Just Appiah, Zigic, Moutinho and M'Bia to go then.

we may as well get Arshavin while were at it.

It doesn't really matter what Moyes thinks, he's proven he's [Poor language removed] in that position. Last time he played there on a regular basis we finished 11th. Speaks for itself really.

Decent Jacobsen signing.
He was hoping for a contract with Marseille where he was on trial last week. Apparantly they thought him to be too expensive, even though he impressed.
Despite not playing anywhere, Denmark manager Morten Olsen fielded him in starting XI for DK against Spain on wednesday. Spain won 3-0, Jacobsen was substituded around the one hour mark, with Spain leading 1-0.
He did well.
Jacobsen's agent, Aabrink, confirms that the Everton interest was first showed after the international friendly. Aabrink adds that Moyes tried to sign Jacobsen from Copenhagen two years ago, but he decided on Nuremberg instead. btw. Jacobsen was injured most of last season (surprise) which is why he didn't play much.

He can fill in on left back as well, but is not better than Valente on LB.

Fun fact:
Following the draw for the WC qual. with DK drawing Portugal, Moren Olsen said that, Jacobsen was one of very few RB's in the whole world, who can deal with C.Ronaldo. Why you ask, and so did everyone reading this comment!: Jacobsen has little feet, Olsen said, meaning that he is able to cope with Ronaldos quick feet.
I'm looking forward to the battle of the little feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.