Lars Jacobsen from Nurnberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ironic how everyone has done nothing but moan about us not signing anyone, then now we've agreed to sign someone, people....still moan.

He's 28, he's an international, he has CL experience, he's a free transfer, he's not going to be on mega wages, what more do you want?

Yes, he's not the high profile signing we've been crying out for, but it's another body in the team so that we don't have to rely on the kids to help us out before their time.

QUIT YOUR [Poor language removed] WHINING! [Poor language removed] SAKE.
well said. people on this board would complain if we bought kaka for 10p with a 1p p/w contract.

glad to see we've finally signed someone.he's first choice for denmark,so at least we've got someone respectable as back-up.

let me just clarify my obscure comment.

i dont think its a bad buy , i meant it was out of the blue , a non rumoured name .and i didnt think any of our signings would be a right back.

apparently he has played left back and cd too.
he only played 7 times last season for nurnberg and they were relegated.(not sure if he was injured or just wasnt picked)

it is a classic moyes transfer. nothing to lose and everything to gain.
he could end up either a pienaar or a bosnar.

ps , does anyone know who the other chap at finch farm is ? (theres apparently another player )

i dont think its a bad buy , i meant it was out of the blue , a non rumoured name .and i didnt think any of our signings would be a right back.

he only played 7 times last season for nurnberg and they were relegated.(not sure if he was injured or just wasnt picked)

ps , does anyone know who the other chap at finch farm is ? (theres apparently another player )

Rumour is it's a Ghanaian.

Franny Jeffers I think :blink:

kuffour on a free transfer ?

played at the highest level , international , experienced and on a free.

would improove , moral , improoves competition and cover for places , also a great player for the youngsters to learn from.

im ok if it true .

with these 2 free signings , would both jags and neville being pushed into midfeild be a possibility ?

According to Wikipedia Sammy Kuffour's best years seem to be behind him, Sunderland had him on trial and let him go, joined Ajax on loan for 6 months and was released. Having said that 11 seasons at Bayer Munich and a winner of the champions league should have good experience to pass on to our youngsters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Kuffour

Status
Not open for further replies.