2017/18 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they don't excel in a lower league then they're unlikely to be ready to play at a higher level. That's not a hard and fast rule and there'll always be exceptions, but it's broadly true.
Just depends how they are played and in what position though. Dowell at minute is playing wide right in a midfield four. It's not his true position. Similarly a right full back playing as a wing back. Also depends on the footballing philosophy of the manager. If you've got all of that right then you can judge. Unfortunately it's been very hit and miss with our loans.

You cant do it then?

It's all I needed to hear at the start.

Oh, I can do it quite easily actually. It just would be skewed to favour the other play.

You still haven't answered my question yet. Any reason for that? Because your not even being coherent anymore.

Oh, I can do it quite easily actually. It just would be skewed to favour the other play.

You still haven't answered my question yet. Any reason for that? Because your not even being coherent anymore.
I answered your question when you admitted you were unable to answer mine.

How can you make the statement that he doesn't have the required work rate if you have zero evidence to compare and back that conclusion up with?!

Barely ever seen him play (if ever) but he's Van Gogh in a division of contract painters, just lol at the nonsense being spouted here.

Promising youngster goes out on loan to a quality club in the English 2nd tier for much needed competitive experience, as advised by his manager for the last couple of years in the u23's and it's somehow a massive issue that requires much teeth grinding and bile spilling. Get a life ffs.

If they don't excel in a lower league then they're unlikely to be ready to play at a higher level. That's not a hard and fast rule and there'll always be exceptions, but it's broadly true.

You have an issue with people judging players based on their performances? How does that work?

Because there are so many variables. They are outside of the control of the club that developed them. They could be sent to a dodgy manager who doesn't know their strenghts. The club doesn't care about their long term development because they're only loaning them for a short period of time so they have no incentive. They might prioritise their own players whose wages they are paying. The club they are loaned to plays ina different style that doesn't suit the player etc.

Writing a player off due to not performing on loan is very flawed.

Because there are so many variables. They are outside of the control of the club that developed them. They could be sent to a dodgy manager who doesn't know their strenghts. The club doesn't care about their long term development because they're only loaning them for a short period of time so they have no incentive. They might prioritise their own players whose wages they are paying. The club they are loaned to plays ina different style that doesn't suit the player etc.

We have members of the coaching staff constantly watching our players performances that are out on loan, so we'll have a detailed view on how they've performed and how they've been utilised etc.

I answered your question when you admitted you were unable to answer mine.

How can you make the statement that he doesn't have the required work rate if you have zero evidence to compare and back that conclusion up with?!

No, you didn't. I asked you to explain to me why you thought it was a bad idea. How did you answer my question?

You asked for first team stats the lad hasn't play much first team football and when he has he hasn't impressed what more do you want? I've seen him play first team football, I've seen him play in the under 23's, I've seen him in the under 20 world cup. Thats what I'm basing my opinions on what I've seen for myself. Unlike you who i doubt has even seen him play and just wants to have ago at koeman.

You talk absolute wham, back yourself into a corner and cling onto any little tidbit to try to save credibility.

Serious question for you, have you ever been wrong?
Have you ever held up your hands and gone "whoops, I got that one wrong"?

I think you could argue that writing any player off is flawed, there's plenty of examples of players who looked poor at one club coming good at another, but what else can you do but go off someone's past performances?

I don't really know who you mean would be doing the writing off. If it's the fans then it just won't happen. People might say 'oh he was poor on his loan that's not a good sign' but if the player comes back into our team and does well nobody's going to hark back to their loan spell and say they're not good enough. If you mean the club, they have other means of measuring potential and progression, and are highly unlikely to write someone off just because they had a poor loan spell. I've said before, loans are not always intended to be an opportunity to showcase talent, rather to build character and experience.

Kieron Dowell - he is not the messiah hes just a very talented boy.
Glad the fans at forest seem to have taken to him. As much as I thought a foreign loan would have suited him if he plays 30 plus games at a level above u23s football it will be of some help to him. I didnt realise that Warburton was managing Forest when he signed for them and was worried that games would pass him by with the ball flying over his head but wherever Warburton has been he has tried to play football and has done well with former everton players in the past.
Think its a bit premature to be saying that Koeman doesn't fancy the lad and he will never play for Everton while Koeman is in charge. By all accounts Koeman put more energy into working with Barkley than any other player at the start of last season so he does appreciate players with a creative spark. People forget that although Dowell came strong at the end of last season and has showed up well in pre-season, he stank the place out early last year for the 23's. If Koeman sees Dowell play with a level of consistency this year, where even when things aren't going his way he is still trying to get on the ball and still trying things then I think next year he will be in the squad and used. The comparison with Beardsley that someone used earlier on is a worry for me - with players not being able to think as quickly as him and good balls looking like passes to no-one. We don't know whether this will happen and I would have liked a recall option for Christmas if thats even possible with loans now but whatever happens I think that Dowell will be improved by playing regular football at a higher level than 23's football, even if posters (myself included) feel he should be playing at an even higher level (for us or elsewhere).

Nope. He can do all that here. What does he have to go out for to do that? He's 19. No one expects him to be getting a starting place each week here in his position. His development has to be taken slowly and we have more than enough games this season to have given him a dozen run outs in the first team. Your belief that he does is completely snookered by other examples of players (Davies being one) who never went out on loan to the Championship to develop.

You're just backing up a wrong headed decision.

Davek in sensible post which actually makes a good point shocker!

Has he toughened up yet?

Ah good, normal service resumed...

He wasted last year in U23.

Yeah, he was only part of the team which won the U23 PL, then the U20 World Cup. What a waste...

If he's going to develop he needs to play first team football.

Which he's now doing...

I dont care what he thinks.

Lol. He's the manager Dave, you should probably learn to care about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.