2017/18 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he should have then. I haven't seen enough of him in full matches tbh, but the majority opinion seems to be that he's not quite there yet. Either way, he's still young, there's no rush, and a years regular competitive games is better for him now than u23s/the odd game for us.
I've seen him in a good number of games at U23 & U18. To me and plenty of others he was ready for role in first team towards end of 2015/16. To then not get a sniff was disappointing. If Koeman had turned round last summer and said I've had a good luck at him and I don't feel he's quite there and I'm sending him on loan then I think that would have been fair enough. To leave him in U23 for another year and then send him on loan is poor in my opinion.
At this age every year counts in your development, so to waste last year was criminal.

Proper football people been in the game all their lives and have relevant couching badges and experience

vs

Random headers on t'internet.

Who should I trust?. hmmmmmmmmm..........

I appreciate your different opinion, but should just point out that it doesn't make the point I made rubbish.
I'm not looking for a fight over this but your post doesn't make any sense. He was on the verge of the first team, arguably the best player for U23's in season 2015/16. Unsworth played him against Norwich and said he was ready. In that scenario why would spending another season in U23 help him, how would it develop him any further? At that stage the only thing that's going to improve him is playing at a higher level. In my opinion that was having game time in the first team. Alternatively it's going out on loan. We did neither last season.

I've seen him in a good number of games at U23 & U18. To me and plenty of others he was ready for role in first team towards end of 2015/16. To then not get a sniff was disappointing. If Koeman had turned round last summer and said I've had a good luck at him and I don't feel he's quite there and I'm sending him on loan then I think that would have been fair enough. To leave him in U23 for another year and then send him on loan is poor in my opinion.
At this age every year counts in your development, so to waste last year was criminal.

Why does he personally need to tell you this?

I'm sure Koeman speaks to his players, and I'm pretty sure he won't be saying things like 'mate you're proper shat so imma loan to the chumpionship (as I read somewhere it's now called)'

Why does he personally need to tell you this?

I'm sure Koeman speaks to his players, and I'm pretty sure he won't be saying things like 'mate you're proper shat so imma loan to the chumpionship (as I read somewhere it's now called)'
Bizarre response. He doesn't have to tell me, just Dowell & the press when he's asked about it!

I'm not looking for a fight over this but your post doesn't make any sense. He was on the verge of the first team, arguably the best player for U23's in season 2015/16. Unsworth played him against Norwich and said he was ready. In that scenario why would spending another season in U23 help him, how would it develop him any further? At that stage the only thing that's going to improve him is playing at a higher level. In my opinion that was having game time in the first team. Alternatively it's going out on loan. We did neither last season.
It makes perfect sense. You said someone was being contradictory, and I pointed out that they weren't. It's pretty simple really.

As I said, you're welcome to your opinion on dowell and you may well be right. Obviously I don't see it the same way but I've been wrong before.

I was told Dowell doesn't work as hard as his team mates. I asked for evidence and unfortunately the poster who said he didn't work as hard couldn't provide the evidence, so he's left it at that.

Probably the only thing he could do tbh.
If you actually watched him playing yourself you wouldn't need 'stats' to confirm what you could see with your own eyes.
Honestly mate at this point in time he's a deeply flawed diamond and far less likely to succeed than you think. A season playing adult football will make or break him. Half a season turning out for our first 11 would have seen people starting to get on his back , guaranteed.

I think the under 20 World Cup is a bit of a red herring.
How many of that team will go onto have successful Premiership careers , probably not as many as people may think
It may turn out that way but let's put it into perspective, it's the only time since 1966 that an England team have won a world competition.

It makes perfect sense. You said someone was being contradictory, and I pointed out that they weren't. It's pretty simple really.

As I said, you're welcome to your opinion on dowell and you may well be right. Obviously I don't see it the same way but I've been wrong before.

This is what you said: "There's no contradiction at all in suggesting that it was good experience for a player to be playing in a successful junior side, learning the way that his club would like him to play but that he's now ready to take the next step and play senior football at a good level".

The contradiction is this - he was already playing in a successful junior side in 2015/16 they came third in the league and he was pushing to get into the first team. He's been at the club for several years and learnt how the club wants him to play. There is only one way to improve in that scenario and that is to play at a higher level. Playing another season in the U23 was not going to be beneficial if he was playing at his peak and knocking on the first team door in 2015/16.

Ultimately your argument makes no sense because spending another year in the U23 clearly hasn't developed him any further because he hasn't played a single minute of first team football, unlike in 2015/16.

This is what you said: "There's no contradiction at all in suggesting that it was good experience for a player to be playing in a successful junior side, learning the way that his club would like him to play but that he's now ready to take the next step and play senior football at a good level".

The contradiction is this - he was already playing in a successful junior side in 2015/16 they came third in the league and he was pushing to get into the first team. He's been at the club for several years and learnt how the club wants him to play. There is only one way to improve in that scenario and that is to play at a higher level. Playing another season in the U23 was not going to be beneficial if he was playing at his peak and knocking on the first team door in 2015/16.

Ultimately your argument makes no sense because spending another year in the U23 clearly hasn't developed him any further because he hasn't played a single minute of first team football, unlike in 2015/16.
Your logic is horrific but I'll let you off because you obviously love Kieran very much and that's ok. I felt the same about my grandad when I was 5 so I feel your pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.