2017/18 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my main issue with loaning out good young players, the tendency to judge them if they don't tear it up.

If they don't excel in a lower league then they're unlikely to be ready to play at a higher level. That's not a hard and fast rule and there'll always be exceptions, but it's broadly true.

If they don't excel in a lower league then they're unlikely to be ready to play at a higher level. That's not a hard and fast rule and there'll always be exceptions, but it's broadly true.
That's a rule of thumb you cant apply to a player like Dowell.

Would you judge Van Gogh's ability if someone had taken his artist brush away from him and supplied him with a wallpaper brush?

I once saw a 40 year old Peter Beardsley play for Hartlepool. He was head and hunched shoulders the best player on the pitch but kept passing to where a good player would have been. The crowd could see it, and the spaces he was playing into, but the other Hartlepool players couldn't.

He still scored a fabulous 30 yarder mind you.

This could sum up Dowell in the Championship.

I can't even work out how that comparison fits.
It doesn't. It's nonsense.

We are talking about a footballer, a young boy who certainly has talent but also flaws and isn't ready to play regularly at the highest level.

The loan is perfect for him and gives him a chance to improve his game and learn what competitive adult football is all about.

As usual Dave has gone off on one of his rants and having gone so far, he finds he can't stop even though he is talking rubbish......

It doesn't. It's nonsense.

We are talking about a footballer, a young boy who certainly has talent but also flaws and isn't ready to play regularly at the highest level.

The loan is perfect for him and gives him a chance to improve his game and learn what competitive adult football is all about.

As usual Dave has gone off on one of his rants and having gone so far, he finds he can't stop even though he is talking rubbish......

It's like saying if I can't pass my driving test it shouldn't stop me entering an F1 race.

I once saw a 40 year old Peter Beardsley play for Hartlepool. He was head and hunched shoulders the best player on the pitch but kept passing to where a good player would have been. The crowd could see it, and the spaces he was playing into, but the other Hartlepool players couldn't.

That is one high bar you have set there.

Good grief. He's playing in the Championship not Sunday League.

There are internationals in the Forest squad, people who've played in the Champions League and even won domestic league titles. We're suggesting that a 19 year old who scored a goal in a friendly once is going to be too good for their tiny brains to comprehend. Surreal.

This post was going so well until the last line of the second paragraph. The kid is only 19. Why can't this year be the year he goes on loan and next year he can have a proper role in the first team, instead of being a bit part player? What's the rush, there's plenty of time. He's going to be developing for the next 4/5 probably, there's no need to think or want him to be getting regular/significant minutes for us yet. Patience is key with him and all the young lads. They are for the future, for 2/3 years down the line and more.
Sorry to disappoint you with the last line of the second paragraph. Damn I was so close!

Sorry mate, I think you misread my request. I'll repeat it: can you give me a COMPARISON WITH THE STATS OF HIS TEAM MATES?

How come everytime I read your posts the saying "there's nothing worse then a idiot who thinks their smart" pops into my head.

Who can I compare him with he has two first team premier league appearances? Only one of them is a start, if I compared him to anyone else it will be a unfair comparison.

Why don't you answer my question instead of reverting to a condescending reply, is it that you can't answer it? That's your usual M.O. anyway.

I know you say there are exceptions, but Harry Kane pretty much poo poo's your rule. Along with Barkely while at Leeds

How come everytime I read your posts the saying "there's nothing worse then a idiot who thinks their smart" pops into my head.

Who can I compare him with he has two first team premier league appearances? Only one of them is a start, if I compared him to anyone else it will be a unfair comparison.

Why don't you answer my question instead of reverting to a condescending reply, is it that you can't answer it? That's your usual M.O. anyway.
You cant do it then?

It's all I needed to hear at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.