2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football League First Division: 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84, 1985–86, 1987–88, 1989–90FA Cup: 1986, 1989, 1992League Cup: 1982, 1983, 1984FA Charity Shield: 1982, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990 (* shared)European Cup: 1984Football League Super Cup: 1986

That's Bruce's trophies.. giz a mo to Google Jordan's...
Kin el, they didn't half have a decent 1980s, did they?

lol

BBC article about him was quite fair I thought. As always, forums want to be binary; he's awesome or he's terrible. But in practice it's more nuanced. He needs to cut out the erraticisms; but he's one of the best keepers in the league for keeping the ball out of the net given the number and quality of shots he faces. We need to support him and stick with him.

BBC article about him was quite fair I thought. As always, forums want to be binary; he's awesome or he's terrible. But in practice it's more nuanced. He needs to cut out the erraticisms; but he's one of the best keepers in the league for keeping the ball out of the net given the number and quality of shots he faces. We need to support him and stick with him.
lol

There is no incentive for this clown to come down from the clouds and change his attitude and improve when he is being mollycoddled and ego stroked by the Manager and his only main threat being an ageing hologram. Really poor from Everton once again not bringing in a proper 2nd GK that can be a threat to the 1st choice. His head has become godlike and he will soon be pulling moonies at the opposition while balls are flying in his net.

Can only see it getting worse until he is dropped and managed properly. We are that crap and the season is that pointless that we would be better to just give Virginia a run but its not going to happen because Silva thinks that Pickford is boss and undroppable which says more about Silva than it does about Pickford.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's exclusive to forums.

Vs Goodison Park and other digital platforms like Facebook/Twitter, forums tend to be the most level headed which is saying something...

Silva should take a leaf out of the Besiktas manager's book and publicly slate him lol

"Karius has gone a bit stagnant, something is wrong with his electricity, motivation, enthusiasm for the game"
"He is talented but it hasn't worked out and we have a problem. Let me put it this way, if I still had Tmy other goalkeeper available I would play him."

Superb.
I honestly would talk about him publicly now, if I were Silva. I wouldnt be truthful ofc, telling everyone your first choise keeper is worse than a service dog with no inclination to ever play football isnt going to help anyone, but I would say he’s struggeling and in need of some time away from the first 11. Then Id sell him for any offer come summer, and bring in someone able to deal with easy, floated crosses, without giving away pens.

I honestly would talk about him publicly now, if I were Silva. I wouldnt be truthful ofc, telling everyone your first choise keeper is worse than a service dog with no inclination to ever play football isnt going to help anyone, but I would say he’s struggeling and in need of some time away from the first 11. Then Id sell him for any offer come summer, and bring in someone able to deal with easy, floated crosses, without giving away pens.

Why would he come out and publically say that? If anything you’re driving down his price in the Summer as he seems unwanted.

Why would he come out and publically say that? If anything you’re driving down his price in the Summer as he seems unwanted.
Everyone can see him struggeling, having our manager say otherwise would be infuriating to the fans. I dont think saying a young player(he’s not that anymore, but thats still how people talk about him) is struggeling a bit will drop his price tag. Him playing on the other hand, will.
However this Pickford saga ends up, we will loose tons of money on him. Best to get him out asap and spend his enormous wages on someone who doesnt loose us points on the reg’

I always use to bring up that point when we had Howard for 30 years. Trophy winning teams don't afford that kinda patience for goal keepers. Namely Alex Ferguson were one of Pickford performances would likely be the end of a keepers United career. But then again what should I be expecting. That's trophy winning nonsense. It's not what modern day Everton is about.
It's not. However, we surely haven't fallen that far that we accept performance after performance as catastrophic as Pickford's and do nothing?

Very true. If you watch some NUFC video blogs on you tube you can see how hostile it was especially towards pickford, but you can also see how many jestures he made towards them and how much he riled them up, especailly after he saved the penalty (rubbing it in their face).

It must be hard to remain calm in a situation like that, with those levels of abuse, but what choice did he really have! He really thought getting into it with the away fans who outnumbered him thousands to one, and were standing directly behind him, was going to end well for him?

He angered them so much its likely they won't have calmed down by the next time he goes there! Yeah more than anyone that game was on pickford (IMO) for a number of different reasons.

Rooney used to do it to us, but the difference is , he was actually class and they beat us

No. And that's why we are a team of wimps. We have a manager that lacks testosterone - I wasn't a big fan of moyes but he would knock this lot into shape.

So you’re saying silva should get on. 16 weeks corse of dianables and he would become better? I’m all for it , at least he’d get angry

I always use to bring up that point when we had Howard for 30 years. Trophy winning teams don't afford that kinda patience for goal keepers. Namely Alex Ferguson were one of Pickford performances would likely be the end of a keepers United career. But then again what should I be expecting. That's trophy winning nonsense. It's not what modern day Everton is about.

Again, what about De Gea?

Status
Not open for further replies.