2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC article about him was quite fair I thought. As always, forums want to be binary; he's awesome or he's terrible. But in practice it's more nuanced. He needs to cut out the erraticisms; but he's one of the best keepers in the league for keeping the ball out of the net given the number and quality of shots he faces. We need to support him and stick with him.
Nope. He is a clown. It’s not confidence he displays. It’s arrogance. It’s not commanding the defense. It’s just an elevated form of the blame game. His behavior last weekend during the match was absurd. His crap the bed performance and strutting off the pitch smiling, laughing and strutting to the crowd was embarrassing.

In order for me and I’m only speaking for me to ever get behind this clown, he would have to come out and apologize for his ridiculous behavior for one. Two, stop doing those stupid sidline give away possession kicks. Three, Marco would have to sit this clown.

Oh nvm, no he is a clown.

Wait wait ..calm down. I just worked it out. He's so loyal to Everton now that he wants to make sure nobody wants to buy him for the next one year. Top 4 / 6 clubs never take a chance on young keepers anyway (unless its a De Gea or proper international) and so Pickford was such a WC star he wanted to make sure he just stays with us. Expect crap performances every March for the next 3 years.

Wait wait ..calm down. I just worked it out. He's so loyal to Everton now that he wants to make sure nobody wants to buy him for the next one year. Top 4 / 6 clubs never take a chance on young keepers anyway (unless its a De Gea or proper international) and so Pickford was such a WC star he wanted to make sure he just stays with us. Expect crap performances every March for the next 3 years.
Wow remember that rumour that Pickford was chosen to replace De gea if he went. He'd become the next Roy Caroll before he knew it.

Stuck with him though.

Moan about him as much as you want, and I’ve started to now too, he’s not going anywhere is he?

I’m amused that people who think he won’t be our keeper next season also think that Silva will be. There’s an odd correlation between the two things.

If he is our keeper next season, then it’s another mistake to add to the list for Marco Silva. For me anyway.

This bugger needs droping on Sunday just to let him see that whilst some slack will be cut for substandard performances this season, his running battke with the horse punchers on Saturday and the loss of focus that begat will most certainly not be.

I mean, by rights we should have no choice but to go with a reserve goalie anyway......he should have been sent off on Saturday and been suspended anyway.

Show some balls Silva and drop Pickford, if only for one match.

This bugger needs droping on Sunday just to let him see that whilst some slack will be cut for substandard performances this season, his running battke with the horse punchers on Saturday and the loss of focus that begat will most certainly not be.

I mean, by rights we should have no choice but to go with a reserve goalie anyway......he should have been sent off on Saturday and been suspended anyway.

Show some balls Silva and drop Pickford, if only for one match.

Won’t though will he?

It's not. However, we surely haven't fallen that far that we accept performance after performance as catastrophic as Pickford's and do nothing?

I'm in the Silva out camp but if he dropped Pickford next game. He'd win a few points with Death.

Stuck with him though.

Moan about him as much as you want, and I’ve started to now too, he’s not going anywhere is he?

I’m amused that people who think he won’t be our keeper next season also think that Silva will be. There’s an odd correlation between the two things.

If he is our keeper next season, then it’s another mistake to add to the list for Marco Silva. For me anyway.
I think we are stuck with Pickford for now, there is more chance of Silva going than Pickford. Also i don't really think it would be Silva's decision it will be down to Brands.

The top clubs don't take a chance on keepers any more. De Gea and Karius were the last I think.

The only thing we've got going for us still is that young upcoming players are too risky for top clubs to buy, and we can also convince young players that they are likely to be forgotten, loaned out or replaced by every new manager that comes along. We have got to show stability, faith in young players and the chance to develop and get into Europe and national teams as incentives for staying with us Who else would indulge Barkley, Lukaku, Stones recently, and now DCL and others for so long/? And Pickford. It's risky, annoying but good the way we are!

BBC article about him was quite fair I thought. As always, forums want to be binary; he's awesome or he's terrible. But in practice it's more nuanced. He needs to cut out the erraticisms; but he's one of the best keepers in the league for keeping the ball out of the net given the number and quality of shots he faces. We need to support him and stick with him.
It might be fair in content BUT I'm not sure I've seen something similar about any other player.

Stuck with him though.

the Everton that brought back Man Utd Football Club Legend Wayne Rooney and hired Koeman and the corrupt oaf will never do anything as nice for me as selling Pickford and making sure we get a good replacement and have a proper back up on the bench. no way

so their task is just to have a decent back up next season so that he can be dropped and kept out when playing badly, and maybe learn from something that should be a normal experience for a young keeper

not asking much Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.