2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
A league two keeper would have caught that ball with both eyes shut the fact he dropped it so hilariously and didn’t seem to care either is a bit worrying

There's nothing as thoroughly unlikeable as misplaced arrogance and overconfidence. His behaviour is beyond pathetic and he needs to be punted from the club. If that's the way they get on up there then it's no surprise Sunderland are in the third tier. A bit of humility goes a long way in sport. If he wants to live his life as a ladbible parody of a top flight goalkeeper then he can enjoy trips to Burton and Barnsley away with his Mackems.

No. And that's why we are a team of wimps. We have a manager that lacks testosterone - I wasn't a big fan of moyes but he would knock this lot into shape.

...yep. We are stuck with him and quite frankly if someone doesn't get wise sharpish we're going to keep throwing goals (and points) away. If I was one of our back 4 I'd be absolutely raging, they have worked hard to sort out our weakness from set pieces only for this joker to completely undermine that effort.

Let's not forget he was the keeper that finally took Sunderland down, they seemed to think he was their only shining light, but I am starting to worry it was a case that they couldn't see the wood for the trees.

It takes a big manager to drop a "first choice" goalkeeper, but since payers like Walcott had way more starts than he deserved, I worry we don't have that.

Pickford is a big problem and he needs dropping and/or selling - mainly because of his poor attitude and character.

But we have plenty more issues that need resolving.

It is going to be a long road back, and I am not sure we are even on it at the moment.

Pickford is a big problem and he needs dropping and/or selling - mainly because of his poor attitude and character.

But we have plenty more issues that need resolving.

It is going to be a long road back, and I am not sure we are even on it at the moment.
I think we're on it, it's just slow steps forward when the addition of a few better players can help us accelerate down that road....a better GK being crucial now.

Heaton would be a competion for Pickford. Who has the biggest arse!
Tom Heaton is a far better goalkeeper, and 31 is nothing for a keeper. Argued at work we should have been in for him when Burnley were relegated (?about 4 years ago), when it was clear Tim H was finished. £30m though, he surely wouldn’t cost that much. They have Pope to come back, so must be hoping he’s the future.

Tom Heaton is a far better goalkeeper, and 31 is nothing for a keeper. Argued at work we should have been in for him when Burnley were relegated (?about 4 years ago), when it was clear Tim H was finished. £30m though, he surely wouldn’t cost that much. They have Pope to come back, so must be hoping he’s the future.

He would cost that much as that's the starting rate for any decent keeper. Add that Burnley won't want to sell, he's English, and he's premiership standard...

Shocking display that against Newcastle. Yes, good penalty save, but don't put yourself in that position in the first place. Lucky to not have seen red, then instead of a tight defeat it could have been a humiliating one. His control of his penalty area, specifically his 6-yard box, is appalling for an international goalkeeper. I don't trust our management to be able to put him back on the right path, either. As if anybody will have the know-how to take him to one side and point out where he is going wrong and what he can do to improve on it. But as I always bang on about, having no competition whatsoever for his place could very well have led him to becoming complacent and feeling he doesn't need to put in the effort as he'll play the 90 minutes anyway. Nobody will pay us anywhere near 30m for him, so looks like our best bet is to try and hope he can cut out these awful displays and start playing properly again. Did I mention his constant aimless hoofs out of play? Awful to watch.

Can act a buffoon and play rubbish all he likes as he's got no serious competition. He knows rightly his spot is as safe as houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.