2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, fair enough. Imagine having Heaton and Pope to choose from, luxury indeed. And we have?

Mismanagement (by various hapless individuals) doesn’t come close to describing what’s gone on at Everton in the last 5 or so years. Part of me says “if we were relegated, could we come back stronger?” This mid-table tedium year after year is soul destroying.

It's not really a luxury. Overall they're decent keepers with Pope edging it due to potential and age.

They're still Burnley and no team has broke the bank to get either of them for a few years.

I don't get the Heaton thing to be honest. He's no better than Ben Foster, Fabianski, Schmichael as a solid premiership keeper.

But I do agree the lack of good back up keeper has been a problem going all the way back to Howard.

It's not really a luxury. Overall they're decent keepers with Pope edging it due to potential and age.

They're still Burnley and no team has broke the bank to get either of them for a few years.

I don't get the Heaton thing to be honest. He's no better than Ben Foster, Fabianski, Schmichael as a solid premiership keeper.

But I do agree the lack of good back up keeper has been a problem going all the way back to Howard.
All of whom would waltz into our first XI, or at least should do.

The performances of Watford and Everton, and indeed Foster and Pickford, tell a sorry story this season.

I’m not gonna rewrite history on Joel... he was an average keeper at best. In fact if you think Pickford’s Origi blunder was awful then look at Joel’s. However, the whole time he was here, Joel was willing to push the #1 for their spot be that Howard or Stek. However, now we have Stek as our back up and he is very content to be #2.

I can’t make any comments about Virginia but if not him we need another keeper who is willing to push Pickford for his spot.

There's absolutely no way Pickford leaves Everton for less than £90m, in this window or the next.

You can vault me on it.
The worlds first 100 million pound goalkeeper, never mind 60.
£60m? They just looking to buy his boots or something? lollollol

We hold every conceivable card with this one.
nice long contract too....
He's one of two or three best keepers in the world and he's getting better.

all of which are better keepers than trex arms

Virginia is 3-4 years away from a starting spot, if he improves like his potential shows.
But in the meantime, if we can get a realistic competititor to Pickford it'll help a lot.
I have a lot of time for young players, and want to be patient for them to grow into the role, but 2 things worry me with him are that he has not matured since the WC - he seems to have gone backwards (More arrogant as people suggest) and also the clips of him provoking the Sunderland fans when he was walking off are totally ridiculous
He can't do that when we've just lost. And in light of the recent fans running onto the pitch, it's not sensible at all!

I see it's his turn to take the brunt of anger.

At least it's some relief for Seamus Coleman and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

We're a fickle fan base.

We shouldn't expect an ounce of loyalty from players when none of it is given as supporters. Fans turn on players in a heartbeat.

He's 25, he has 10+ years in the game and is a very good 'keeper. We just need to give him genuine competition and bring in a managerial setup that can actually set a team up to defend. His likelihood for error is significantly higher under Marco Silva because of the amount of chances we allow. Again, 17 attempts Newcastle managed against this side.

I see it's his turn to take the brunt of anger.

At least it's some relief for Seamus Coleman and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

We're a fickle fan base.

We shouldn't expect an ounce of loyalty from players when none of it is given as supporters. Fans turn on players in a heartbeat.

He's 25, he has 10+ years in the game and is a very good 'keeper. We just need to give him genuine competition and bring in a managerial setup that can actually set a team up to defend. His likelihood for error is significantly higher under Marco Silva because of the amount of chances we allow. Again, 17 attempts Newcastle managed against this side.
*overated

he's making mistakes, it needs to be rectified, but have we had a defence at any point this season (barring a single 90 minutes like the derby) thats looked capable of comfortably keeping a clean sheet?

The only time I have seen this Virginia guy was in the African cup final. To be honest he was far from assured, he did come off his line to collect a lot more than Pickford though and his distribution wasn't bad either but I don't think he's the answer at the moment. But neither is Stek so we are a stuck and blagford knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.