2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it's his turn to take the brunt of anger.

At least it's some relief for Seamus Coleman and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

We're a fickle fan base.

We shouldn't expect an ounce of loyalty from players when none of it is given as supporters. Fans turn on players in a heartbeat.

He's 25, he has 10+ years in the game and is a very good 'keeper. We just need to give him genuine competition and bring in a managerial setup that can actually set a team up to defend. His likelihood for error is significantly higher under Marco Silva because of the amount of chances we allow. Again, 17 attempts Newcastle managed against this side.

His turn to take the brunt of the anger??? The anger stems from fans holding players accountable to certain standards as their shirt demands. When standards are not met and are magnified by a poor attitude them this is what you get.... we as fans get behind players.... as per our support of the likes of Arron Lennon and our swatting away of inappropriate comments regarding mental health.

Yes he's 25.... not a 15 year old kid stood outside bargain booze giving lip to blokes going in the shop for their ale hoping to get a bit of a chase.

Someone send him a DVD of Southall, Martyn and Howard.... that a how you behave.

When the players simply not good enough then no we shouldn't be having it at Everton.

Not to mention we've been a club that's never liked players with his sort of ladbibleness about them which he has

Your second sentence is heavily influencing the first sentence, and I get that;

His derby flap.
His arrogance.
His current bad form.
His out of touch, weird dramatic baby gender reveals. Ok maybe not that...

I can see why there's a growing amount of fans on his case but I still think he's a good, potentially top goalkeeper in bad form, in a team severely hamstrung by a managerial setup.

He will only go backwards under Marco Silva. You only have to look at how backwards his distribution has got. Earlier in this thread I referenced it and someone wisely said it's instructed - he's told to go to the wingers and you're seeing him punt so many balls straight out.

He's not the problem, he's a symptom of a much bigger issue.

He had a bad game.

He's not the most likeable.

He's still a very good 'keeper.

... But he's nowhere near Everton's biggest problem and in my view, not deserving of the level of criticism he's currently taking.

His turn to take the brunt of the anger??? The anger stems from fans holding players accountable to certain standards as their shirt demands. When standards are not met and are magnified by a poor attitude them this is what you get.... we as fans get behind players.... as per our support of the likes of Arron Lennon and our swatting away of inappropriate comments regarding mental health.

Yes he's 25.... not a 15 year old kid stood outside bargain booze giving lip to blokes going in the shop for their ale hoping to get a bit of a chase.

Someone send him a DVD of Southall, Martyn and Howard.... that a how you behave.

I suspect you called Lukaku lazy, and slated Stones for being arrogant?

What changed in 3 months mate?....

Pickford is gonna be a but fragile and we will pick him up but he needs to learn and quick.

... But he's nowhere near Everton's biggest problem and in my view, not deserving of the level of criticism he's currently taking.

Maybe the biggest problem is the manager who hasn't dealt with him. The same bloke who plays half arsed Walcott and subs Bernie....

But from a playing perspective he absolutely is a critical problem as he has our defence completely unsettled.

Maybe the biggest problem is the manager who hasn't dealt with him. The same bloke who plays half arsed Walcott and subs Bernie....

But from a playing perspective he absolutely is a critical problem as he has our defence completely unsettled.

Yeah mate, I'm sure our inability to defend is Pickford's fault.

When we're gifting chances away...

Spot on.... lukaku like pickford is a false economy. The highlight reel shows goals and saves.....yeah the ones that seem to erase the memories of all the goals conceded that they created.

Lukaku needed 10 goals to level put the goals we leaked due to his inability to control or pass a ball.

Pickford needs to make saves from shots from balls that he never claimed in his 6 yard box....

Hahaha, and so you did.

Not sure how you work that out mate .. you bought Lewin into the mix
Based on the fact I call him DCL.

Anyway I'll leave it at this....

1. I called him for what he is at the start, lazy, arrogant, overrated and technically poor.

2. He has proved it and is looking an absolute embarrassment and a waste of money and we look a better side without him.

As a fan base, we've got to start being less cry arses. The fume and kneejerking really isn't good.

If an Everton player shows self confidence, they're arrogant and there to be piped down.

The same fan will then bemoan a lack of confidence and complain about a bottling mentality.

We need arrogance in our side. We need a lot more of it.

... But he's nowhere near Everton's biggest problem and in my view, not deserving of the level of criticism he's currently taking
If it was a one off or it wasn't costing us games then maybe so but its a regular thing now and it's directly costing us points. Then combine that with the weird arrogance he seems to have and it's very hard to like him

Hahaha, and so you did.

As a fan base, we've got to start being less cry arses. The fume and kneejerking really isn't good.

If an Everton player shows self confidence, they're arrogant and there to be piped down.

The same fan will then bemoan a lack of confidence and complain about a bottling mentality.

Confidence is fine, inflated ego and a 'pass the buck' attitude isn't

Hahaha, and so you did.

Were you around when we used to win things? I'm guessing you weren't. If you were you must have forgotten what Everton F.C is all about.... it certainly wasn't centre halves doing cryuff turns, strikers strolling around shinning balls all over the shop telling the media that they were world class....

Apathy has destroyed this club and celebrating hyped players who actually don't win things for us is one sign of that.

Less than a year ago, he was our player of the year and England's number one and player of the tournament.

He's just turned 25 years old. He's nowhere near his peak.

Yes, he's been poor, but the criticism he's receiving is without context and, frankly, ridiculous.

If this is how Evertonians treat our player of the year who is also a goalkeeper with limitless potential, then you get what you deserve.

Less than a year ago, he was our player of the year and England's number one and player of the tournament.

He's just turned 25 years old. He's nowhere near his peak.

Yes, he's been poor, but the criticism he's receiving is without context and, frankly, ridiculous.

If this is how Evertonians treat our player of the year who is also a goalkeeper with limitless potential, then you get what you deserve.
Let's be honest though, he won that purely as default for not being as bad as the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.