2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allan Doucoure Gbamin

If we keep Davies, Onyango and Gomes as backup and shift Delph and Gylfi (impossible task I know) our centre-midfield suddenly looks so much better than last season (for some reason). I think Gomes CAN be much better than the €9m we are rumoured to be looking to sell him for. He was absolutely boss on his loan season, maybe a new manager can get him back to that... and with actual pace around him he could be an asset.

He’s better than Doucoure based on two pre seasons games against bum teams?

When I said "better footballers" I just meant technical wise. I'm not saying he's better overall, we haven't seen enough of him, but doesn't take much to see who's a better passer of the ball. IMO Gbamin looks more comfortable on the ball and passing the ball.

Allan Doucoure Gbamin

If we keep Davies, Onyango and Gomes as backup and shift Delph and Gylfi (impossible task I know) our centre-midfield suddenly looks so much better than last season (for some reason). I think Gomes CAN be much better than the €9m we are rumoured to be looking to sell him for. He was absolutely boss on his loan season, maybe a new manager can get him back to that... and with actual pace around him he could be an asset.
Have to disagree with you on that one mate, he’s too slow for the premier league.
Doesn’t score, rarely assists, suffers confidence issues, he needs to go and play in the Portuguese league where less pressure IMO.

Allan is slow. keeps posesión. no attacking threat. tackles well

Gomes serves slow, not athletic, doesnt tackle, no threat, loses posesión

Dourcoure is médium pacer, has stamina, can tackle, cant pass and no attacking threat

Gbamin, if he can stay fit, has more in his locker than all 3.

Our centre midfield is still a basket case
He might not be great but I don’t know why you’re bringing his tennis ability into it. Talk about kicking a guy when he’s down

Status
Not open for further replies.