2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks fit and strong, please stay injury free

Yes obviously early days with the quality of opposition on display but hopefully he can adapt to the increased pace/physicality of the league and keep injury free.

I love Allan but worry he may be patchy this season - be nice having someone to actually rotate him with.

"fit and strong" is an understatement. He looks like the f'n Hulk compared to everyone else out there. Be funny to pose him next to Bernard, it'd look like that famous photo of Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Shoemaker.

download.jpeg

Yes obviously early days with the quality of opposition on display but hopefully he can adapt to the increased pace/physicality of the league and keep injury free.

I love Allan but worry he may be patchy this season - be nice having someone to actually rotate him with.

Allan and Gbamin are the pairing for me if everyone is fit. Both better footballers than Doucoure

Allan and Gbamin are the pairing for me if everyone is fit. Both better footballers than Doucoure
If we ever go 433, all three of them. All big, all athletic and Doucoure would finally be able to push further up where he’s more effective. He popped up with a fair few goal further up the pitch - and is athletic enough to get back and muck in the middle. But in a 2, will be interesting to see who will be the first choice starting pair. Doucoure has the advantage for now as he’s done it for a year, but if Gbamin remains fit…will be very interesting to see how the midfield lines up

I think a lot of Everton fans would echo that thought, he’s had a bad run of luck with injuries, not his fault, hopefully his luck is changing for the better.
Sometimes when I say this to people I get the response of "they're millionaires you shouldn't feel sorry for them"

But I would honestly want anyone regardless of their team to have an injury free run after the 2 years like Gbamin has had. We only have short lives and the career of a footy player even shorter than that so its cruel if you can't live out your potential.

Sometimes when I say this to people I get the response of "they're millionaires you shouldn't feel sorry for them"

But I would honestly want anyone regardless of their team to have an injury free run after the 2 years like Gbamin has had. We only have short lives and the career of a footy player even shorter than that so its cruel if you can't live out your potential.
Of course it is cruel. I think Ancelotti might have rushed him in before he had properly recovered. Don't know.

The club will know that hence why I think he’ll be an impact sub for the most part, maybe starting in cup games

If we ever go 433, all three of them. All big, all athletic and Doucoure would finally be able to push further up where he’s more effective. He popped up with a fair few goal further up the pitch - and is athletic enough to get back and muck in the middle. But in a 2, will be interesting to see who will be the first choice starting pair. Doucoure has the advantage for now as he’s done it for a year, but if Gbamin remains fit…will be very interesting to see how the midfield lines up
Agree on everything but Alan being big. Hes a small man.

Status
Not open for further replies.