2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to disagree with you on that one mate, he’s too slow for the premier league.
Doesn’t score, rarely assists, suffers confidence issues, he needs to go and play in the Portuguese league where less pressure IMO.

Yeah since his injury I couldn't argue with that.

However, we need a right back, a right winger, we need to keep James, we need to sort the whole Gylfi situation, we need to sort the Kean situation and possibly a back-up striker. Added to the fact we need to shift Tosun, Delph, Iwobi & Kenny, centre mid would be a low priority for me.

Still need to take it nice and slow with him imo. Just ease him in again so he gets used to the pace and intensity of the PL and hope he gets a nice clear run of 10-12 games which will set him up for the season.

Still need to take it nice and slow with him imo. Just ease him in again so he gets used to the pace and intensity of the PL and hope he gets a nice clear run of 10-12 games which will set him up for the season.
I know where your coming from saying we need to take it nice and slow and ease him into things, but it seems like if his rehabilitation goes any slower we'll still be waiting for him to be fully fit before his contract is up.

I felt JPG looked pretty solid in the few games he's played in recently. I'd still like to see Everton err on the side of caution when it comes to playing him on a regular basis in the Premier League, but maybe I'm just being a bit too cautious though. Fingers crossed that it all goes well for the guy.

I know where your coming from saying we need to take it nice and slow and ease him into things, but it seems like if his rehabilitation goes any slower we'll still be waiting for him to be fully fit before his contract is up.

Wouldn't want him to have another major setback mate, just the first few games I'm thinking. Giving him starts in the league cup

Status
Not open for further replies.