January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we're nearly halfway through the month and not a sausage so far! Am I right in presuming we will leave it to the last day of the season and end up with a couple of palyers on loan. :D
Carlo did say he would start looking after the derby, so he's had a week in reality. Also, we're in a current situation were we want to offload players at the same time as bringing in new faces. We'll probably have deals lined up waiting to go, oven ready if you will! If only that pesky Schneiderlin would leave....

You pay a transfer for a player, and wages, never play him in the first team and then let his contract run down to the point where none of that will be recouped.
He was only a young player
Not ready for the first team
Maybe we didn’t think he had progressed enough to offer him a new contract
Maybe we offered him a contract and he refused to sign it as he is perfectly entitled to do
Maybe he was tapped up with the promise of first team football
Who knows but it’s crazy to blame the club without knowing the facts

EVERTON NEAR BRANTHWAITE DEAL
Everton are expected to sign Carlisle defender Jarrad Branthwaite, despite having an initial offer rejected.
Carlisle want between £750,000 and £1m, plus add-ons for the 17-year-old.
Southampton were also keen on Branthwaite, but were put off by the fee.
Everton will go back with a second offer after seeing their £500,000 bid rejected.

Have him training with the first team immediately, don’t let Unsworth get his hands on him.

Same reason I have little time for Rooney, The FAI put effort and time in to having him at under age level only for him to turn around after a few good club performance and saying he doesn't want to play for Ireland. He's already liking posts on social media linking him to United, little rat if an Everton player was at that we'd all be fuming, Lukaku was at it and got abuse.

I think we need a central midfielder, but a loan is probably the most reasonable thing to do with two of our current mids coming back. Carlo doesn't seem to be a believer in Holgate in the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.