January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Everton Soares, I’m sure there was concrete interest from Arsenal last summer. Reassuring somewhat to know that a traditionally big club wanted him

I'm not sure. Fair enough he has changed a lot, but this job is different in almost every respect. We need him from a stability and continuity viewpoint to complete his full contract here if at all possible given the size of the job. I don't think signing players in the main of an age profile that may see them push late 20s/early 30s after a single contract is going to fit the brief, not if we have learned anything anyway.

It all depends on what end result he has been tasked with achieving here of course, but for me it is equipping us for sustainable success by the end of his contract. It ties in nicely with the move to Bramley Moore.

He has already pulled a surprise simply by taking the job and I think we may well be in for further and hopefully pleasant surprises over the coming months and years.
I think that was the mindset and ambition pre Acelotti.
It was a logical and sensible strategy but simply was not working.

Ancelotti is not a young aspiring manager, in four years time he will be thinking of where to get the forms to draw his old age pension... or which country he should draw it in. I cannot see him hanging around to slwly develop a team.
I even think that the addition of carefully selected players in our weakest areas could easily give us a team that would be top six or challenging for better.
I just can't see him being that patient or attracted by the promise of being able to buy some cheap youngsters with potential that he could improve over time.

Lucas Verissimo papers saying we have had a bid turned down for this Brazilian CB. Wanted him.on loan first and available for £8.5 million. Says Santos are desperate for money

Status
Not open for further replies.