January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The strategy is very simple. Top five free agents from Transfermarkt. Sorted.

EVERTON NEAR BRANTHWAITE DEAL
Everton are expected to sign Carlisle defender Jarrad Branthwaite, despite having an initial offer rejected.
Carlisle want between £750,000 and £1m, plus add-ons for the 17-year-old.
Southampton were also keen on Branthwaite, but were put off by the fee.
Everton will go back with a second offer after seeing their £500,000 bid rejected.
As far as I know we are still under a two year ban that prevents us signing u18s who have been at a PL/EFL teams Academy in the previous 18 months. I believe this was due to run until November 2020.
I haven’t seen anything lately saying the ban has been rescinded, have I got this wrong, anyone know different?

As far as I know we are still under a two year ban that prevents us signing u18s who have been at a PL/EFL teams Academy in the previous 18 months. I believe this was due to run until November 2020.
I haven’t seen anything lately saying the ban has been rescinded, have I got this wrong, anyone know different?

Apparently it doesnt prevent us from signing players u18 on full contracts...just we cant sign them on youth contracts.

Should be raiding the relegated clubs in the summer for me - Buendia and that right back from Norwich, Grealish and Mings from Villa.

Mings? the guys couldn't even get in a bournemouth team that's never known how to defend, and now is playing in an equally awful villa defence that he hasn't improved whilst costning £26m. If they hadn't have paid that fee and was still at bournemouth not getting a game, would you want him?

Status
Not open for further replies.