2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proper young footballer. Will have been best in his school team in every position, including keeper. Just one of those young lads that is born to be a sportsman. Nothing flash, nothing obvious, just all the basics of actually controlling and kicking a ball completely nailed. Quick, athletic and not frightened of getting stuck in. What else are we looking for when we buy utter crap for twice the price??

Not getting carried away, he’s not going to be poached by Barca. But he is the perfect template for dumbass Kev as what sort of player doesn’t cost loads but is properly effective.

Very similar to what I'd been thinking about him. He's the type of player you'd play against in a school game and people would talk about afterwards. Just looks like a footballer, which has become a rare sight at Goodison in recent years, unfortunately.

Did somebody just say he hasn't got the physique for central midfield? I thought I saw it and now the comment seems to have gone. Working on the assumption that the poster concerned edited his post, that was probably wise. Garner is 6'1" and over12 stones, he's no shrinking violet either and well able to survive in central midfield.
Garner is the player you construct your midfield around !!!

Is there any evidence to backup this claim, or are people just attributing good/bad signings to whichever person they like/dislike more?
For one, I was never a lamps hater, I wanted him to succeed at the club...
And if you really need evidence, Re-watch this season and the ignorance of ever giving the lad a proper chance no matter how bad we were playing..

Sorry other than that I seem to have lost the Paperwork on proof..

For one, I was never a lamps hater, I wanted him to succeed at the club...
And if you really need evidence, Re-watch this season and the ignorance of ever giving the lad a proper chance no matter how bad we were playing..

Sorry other than that I seem to have lost the Paperwork on proof..
So in other words, you do not know which person at the club was the driving force behind that transfer, just speculation. As for why FL didn't play him more, who knows. There could be a whole host of reasons, doesn't mean he didn't specifically want the player bringing in or instigate the transfer. Gordon doesn't really play much at Newcastle but Howe clearly wanted to bring him in. Same could be said with Richy at Spurs and Conte. Not every player immediately walks into a team.

So in other words, you do not know which person at the club was the driving force behind that transfer, just speculation. As for why FL didn't play him more, who knows. There could be a whole host of reasons, doesn't mean he didn't specifically want the player bringing in or instigate the transfer. Gordon doesn't really play much at Newcastle but Howe clearly wanted to bring him in. Same could be said with Richy at Spurs and Conte. Not every player immediately walks into a team.
Thellwell came in and was looking at players for the future, Onana/Garner as his job consists of, Lamps walked in to fighting for Survival and decided the most Important thing for him was experience that's why he made such a big deal over signing Tarks, and publicly talking about how much he rated him.

Status
Not open for further replies.