2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a stat yesterday (and I appreciate he's not played many games) he's only lost posssion THREE times. It was something like once every 277 minutes of play, absolutely miles ahead of everyone else in the league.

He's a very tidy player.

I also get Zats point Onana being played higher up being a bit alien to him but Dyche is also right, he needs to learn the dark arts before he's trusted as a DM.

Thats a fair point and why he brought in Steven Defour. Onana seems to be a highly intelligent chap so he should pick things up...but has to be as an anchor. Its like using Busquets box to box imo.

Garner on the other hand has that in his game. Not surprised at the stat you posted and in a season i think he'll be in the England squad.

So much to like about him, but what struck me about his chance on Sunday was that he's the only player in the squad who would've hit that with such precision. No one else in the team hits a ball like that. At least not on target, anyway.

That is a cringeworthy leap of imagination. Scholes was an incredibly good player. Garner has shown a few glimpses of potential to be pretty useful.
Comparisons for young players aren’t meant to be like for like. I actually don’t even think Scholes is the right comparison but there is nothing wrong with using him as a blueprint.

Comparisons for young players aren’t meant to be like for like. I actually don’t even think Scholes is the right comparison but there is nothing wrong with using him as a blueprint.

I think he plays like he's been trained in Germany. The reason being that I'd say he looks similar to an Owen Hargreaves or Jens Jeremies type.

Good all rounders, all action with a bit of snide.

It's about time we got one over Man United.

I think he's going to be a top level player who will be touted in the media for a big move next summer.

England squad beckons within 2 seasons imo.

I think he plays like he's been trained in Germany. The reason being that I'd say he looks similar to an Owen Hargreaves or Jens Jeremies type.

Good all rounders, all action with a bit of snide.

I think he's going to be a top level player who will be touted in the media for a big move next summer.

England squad beckons within 2 seasons imo.
United didn’t win that champions league without Owen. I actually think he is a very solid comparison. The thing about Garner is he has all the potential in the world to be great because he is athletic and well built. If he wanted to he could actually continue to play wing back as he has pace. He is the type of guy that could play most positions- just an athlete and a baller

Status
Not open for further replies.