If Brands was to leave at end of contract...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only know Monchi and big ol Ralf, I mean people would just get on the next DoF's back if he signed a bad player anyway.

Campos obviously, but he's best mates with Mourinho. If he's due to England, he will join Tottenham.

Yes we have missed targets but I think it is down to us not wishing to meet valuations as we do not have the money. There is the crux has our DoF messed up there and we are thus losing out. There has to be 3 parties to a signing surely, the DoF, Manager and Board.

DOF, Board yes agree with them two, but not with the manager surely, he just identifies the targets, as with, Allan, maybe Doucoure, it's up to the board to supply the funds yes and up to Brands to negotiate for the player. One thing is for sure Ancelotti stated he would like his targets in early..

David Moyes. His player recruitment was brilliant. His transfer pick from about 12 years ago has just driven Sevilla to the europa league at the age of 32. He wanted Ya Ya Toure, Hazard, Essien, all before they got on the radars of top clubs. The players he did bring in have been some of the best in Everton’s premier league history. Whilst his approach to big games and his lack of luck as a manager can be questioned his recruitment can’t. He arguably kept this club solvent and alive when it really didn’t have two coins to rub together. A far cry from his successors who have wasted money up the wall.

David Moyes. His player recruitment was brilliant. His transfer pick from about 12 years ago has just driven Sevilla to the europa league at the age of 32. He wanted Ya Ya Toure, Hazard, Essien, all before they got on the radars of top clubs. The players he did bring in have been some of the best in Everton’s premier league history. Whilst his approach to big games and his lack of luck as a manager can be questioned his recruitment can’t. He arguably kept this club solvent and alive when it really didn’t have two coins to rub together. A far cry from his successors who have wasted money up the wall.
I actually agree with you here mate. There is a book called The Nowhere Men by Michael Calvin all about scouting and in it there is a whole chapter devoted to the scouting setup Moyes had at Everton and it explains how he went looking for various players. He clearly has an eye for a good player (that CM that he has just signed for West Ham) and i have always thought he might be better as a head scout/DoF type role rather than a manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.