If Brands was to leave at end of contract...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever the DOF is at Brentford they seem to bring in no marks, yet they flourish. lol

In all seriousness, wish we didn’t have to have a DOF.

Brentford = Moneyball. Rasmus Ankersen and Phil Giles are co-directors of football and use the statistical modelling that is the primary product of the owners company 'Smartodds'. What better way to grow your business by showing that it works in practice. A fascinating model.

Brands leaving at the end of the season certainly looks a possibility now, especially if we have another disappointing summer transfer window. Brands could decide to walk himself even if the club want him to stay so there's no telling at this stage what will happen.

Hypothetically, if Brands does leave I don't think the DoF structure as it is now will be retained. Many clubs leave transfer negotiations to a hard-nosed CEO and have the management and scouting staff identifying the targets. DBB certainly doesn't have a background in this so it's unlikely we'd go this route although I'm sure Steinsson will be around for a while so he may be promoted from within to replace Brands. It's all up in the air.

We've tried many different avenues since Moshiri has been here and absolutely nothing has worked. As for Brands, if he doesn't start to get us sorted this summer then he shouldn't be retained. He's had long enough.

Nobody, let the manager decide who he wants and get the board to negotiate (not Blue Bill)

It's been utter pants this DoF, maybe that's our board choices.

Indeed, if we can't trust Ancelotti ability to better what we have in playing personal it's over.

Although, I'm not sure how he is used to working as in with or without DoF?

It's been utter pants this DoF, maybe that's our board choices.

Indeed, if we can't trust Ancelotti ability to better what we have in playing personal it's over.

Although, I'm not sure how he is used to working as in with or without DoF?
He’s always had a DOF, Ancelotti.
Probably never worked under one though that’s mentioned so much.

He’s always had a DOF, Ancelotti.
Probably never worked under one though that’s mentioned so much.

Who was his DoF at Chelsea? Because if we could get them in we'd be in for a rollercoaster ride. They managed to "discover" David Luiz, Ramires and Matic while he was at Kosice. However, they also spent that big fee on Torres when he was quite clearly "finished".

Who was his DoF at Chelsea? Because if we could get them in we'd be in for a rollercoaster ride. They managed to "discover" David Luiz, Ramires and Matic while he was at Kosice. However, they also spent that big fee on Torres when he was quite clearly "finished".
I’ve no idea who it was. But they had one. The thing is with DOFs, they’ve been around for ages, and most teams have one. It’s just Everton’s are the most talked about, certainly by fans. I could probably name 5. And Everton have had two and chased the other three.

Status
Not open for further replies.