How did you come to be an Evertonian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very similar to kiwi's story except I never supported a club team before everton, just watched the world cups but started watching everton for Howard and to some degree Donovan and just fell in love with it.

Ha, I seem to remember starting this exact thread many years ago.... how time flies

Anyways, I got asked by my dad one time while at a stall selling football club teddy-bears (28 I was*) what one I wanted, out of any they had. After much deliberation, I picked the Everton one.

And that was that. 30 years later, here I am. True story

*I was 5

I watched every local team in the flesh bar Liverpool (old man point blank refused to allow to go there thankfully).

Nothing else compared remotely to Everton even though we lost our first game.

I was an Everton fan before then as a child and since.

Have been to Anfield since. To watch Everton play.

Its crap. Everton are boss.

I watched every local team in the flesh bar Liverpool (old man point blank refused to allow to go there thankfully).

Nothing else compared remotely to Everton even though we lost our first game.

I was an Everton fan before then as a child and since.

Have been to Anfield since. To watch Everton play.

Its crap. Everton are boss.

I'm a regular at Marine when it doesn't clash with us. I'd take the Arriva over Anfield any day.

My dad supported Gillingham and we lived in Kent.

We moved to Bury and my new best mate at school supported the RS.

Then Everton grabbed me by the throat and has never let go.

I feel it was fate.

Neville Southalls 2nd cousin.

Went to the same schools (not together) and lived next door but 2 to his nan.

I grew up in Llandudno, half the town was related to me and Nev tho so no biggie.

I supported Liverpool all my life until 1985, through utter shame i switched to the Peoples club i painted my house blue too

true story

I was born in Chile,migrated to Australia in 74 with parents and sisters because of the Pinochet regime.
As a young lad growing up in Australia late 70s early 80s,I played football and remember watching Match Of The Day highlights on the ABC.
On a particular occasion Everton and the [Poor language removed] were on the telly.Watching with my footy mates who happened to be reds,I went against the grain.
Trivial as it may seem, then and there I decided Everton was my team.
That's the story of many-a-foreign Blues tho isn't it?

My dad chose Everton partially for that reason around 1980-1981 when he was still a young lad, and I guess it runs in the family.

I used to like Arsenal cuz of Henry, but watched a few Everton games with my dad and I think I decided that this is the exact type of misery for me when we ended Arsenal's run, with that Rooney goal.

My Dad was a blue despite his Dad being a red, my Dad originally went to the match with his Grandad also a blue! My Dad first took me in 1965, Everton v Blackpool reserves can remember that feeling of walking up the steps (Upper Bullens) then seeing that pitch like it was yesterday! Went to Wembley in 1968 for the Cup Final aged 8. My lad is now a massive blue, and his twin sister has been Toffee Girl. Unfortunately my Dad died nearly ten years ago one of the last games he made was the Rooney game v Arsenal in 2002 - happy days!

Status
Not open for further replies.