How did you come to be an Evertonian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was born in Chile,migrated to Australia in 74 with parents and sisters because of the Pinochet regime.
As a young lad growing up in Australia late 70s early 80s,I played football and remember watching Match Of The Day highlights on the ABC.
On a particular occasion Everton and the [Poor language removed] were on the telly.Watching with my footy mates who happened to be reds,I went against the grain.
Trivial as it may seem, then and there I decided Everton was my team.

In an Irish primary school my two best friends were both from families of blues (both fathers) and sought out my future club allegiance when I first sparked interest in football. My following meandered as I began to play rugby (I was utterly useless at football, the other lads were getting championship team trials) but I returned to the team of Arteta, Baines and Cahill. Seeing Cahill's passion for the club always stirred something in me and I don't think I could ever fall out of love with the club since.

From the players, the club's charity work and the fans I could see, increasingly every year, that this club is for me. I love the type of player the fans have come to expect, hardworking, tenacious, fierce players who love the club as much as we do.

“Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same.”

Tl;dr

My mate.

Family. Father and grandfather were blues, grew up in dovecot, so only natural that my elder brother started to take me to the match when I was old enough. Lucky really because my first season was the title winning 62/63 season.

sylvester-stallone.jpg

Well just insert all the other American connections beginning with McBride, Joe Max Moore, Preki, Warzchya, etc..

I was born in a manufactured test tube.

My dad. He was one of seven brothers all blues from Bootle although I was brought up in Maghull. It was great meeting in mid to late 60s outside the sweet shop opposite the church. Their dad was not the one that got them going it was one of their uncles who, I think, was at the 1906 cup final.

Nice post I thought Kiwi. I agree, there's just something about the blues that you can't help but love.

I was born in Everton and grew up in Everton, all my family are Evertonians besides the odd distant cousin(who don't count anyway) so that's my yarn for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.